• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Icon Popping up on My S4 homescreen?

So this app called "Candy Crush Saga" keeps popping up on my Verizon S4 home screen. I don't even have the app on my phone, and every time I remove it from the home screen it comes back. How do I get rid of it permanently? I took a screen shot of the app that keeps showing up on the screen. Its in a .zip file due to the .jpg file being to big.

Attachments

• Screenshot from s4.jpg.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
It might be aggressive advertising, pushed by ad networks like AirPush and caused by a recently installed or updateted app on your phone.

This thread will provide more info ...
Push Advertising

Jelly Bean introduced the feature to indentify the app which has pushed a notification and to disable the app's ability for notifications.

Do long press on the advertising's notification, that should pop up an "App Info" button you can press which will tell you which app has created that notification.
Also from there you can conveniently disable the app's ability for notifications, or if you want, uninstall the app.

Harry

Upvote 0
It might be aggressive advertising, pushed by ad networks like AirPush and caused by a recently installed or updateted app on your phone.

This thread will provide more info ...
Push Advertising

Jelly Bean introduced the feature to indentify the app which has pushed a notification and to disable the app's ability for notifications.

Do long press on the advertising's notification, that should pop up an "App Info" button you can press which will tell you which app has created that notification.
Also from there you can conveniently disable the app's ability for notifications, or if you want, uninstall the app.

Harry

When I long press on it all that comes up is remove or create folder. :rolleyes::thinking:

Upvote 0
Someone on another forum had a problem with a "Windows Live" app pushing that same homescreen shortcut (candycringe saga). run Lookout Ad Network Detector to find the rat app and before you uninstall the rat, please give it a bad play store review :beer:

Thanks used Lookout Ad Network Detector, and found out it was an app I installed last night. :beer:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones