• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random images saving time my gallery?

zionli0n

Lurker
Apr 3, 2014
* to my. Not used to this keyboard yet

Hey :)
I got this phone the other day and it's my first ever Android. I've been an iPhone user for a few years and I must say I am loving it!
However, I have noticed that random images from the internet and adverts from apps are saving themselves to my gallery. Does anyone know how to stop this?
If anyone has any other Android/HTC tips that would be good too.
Thanks

Edit: I heard the other day that emojis cost to send. My friend had an extra

We would like to welcome you to our forums; we look forward to assisting you today!

the isseu with random pictures is usually related to a 3rd party app like Tapjoy downloading images from the internet onto your phone. I would start by looking at apps that have been downloaded recently and see if one of them is causing it. You can also look to see if these images are in a specific "gallery folder" which may give you a clue to what app is downloading them.

And no, Emoji's do not cost extra to send, they are considered part of SMS messaging and will only incur the charges associated with normal texting plans.

Lastly, here is a thread on tips and tricks with the M8: http://androidforums.com/htc-one-m8/837580-tips-tricks.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones