1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random lines appearing on display.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattyinhull, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mattyinhull

mattyinhull Newbie

As the title says... I'm currently experiencing, at random, a 1 pixel line which goes across my screen randomly. Also this is rare and happens once or twice a day and not in the same place. Would this be a software issue? Your thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. idic

idic Well-Known Member

I see this too, from time to time. My girlfriend and I have had 5 devices between us before getting one each without separation. I think pretty much all of them had this, often just after switching the screen on. Not a huge issue, once a day or so, but does happen a fair bit...

3. DanielM426

DanielM426 Android Enthusiast

Same here. I have maybe about one every minute. It's really only noticeable on textual content like Google currents though

4. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

There's a thread on XDA about it, and a fix as well. Seems to have something to do with the WiFi antenna connection on the back of the case. I'll try to see if I can find it later tonight.

5. mattyinhull

mattyinhull Newbie

Thanks Jay that would be appreciated. I only normally ever notice it when I'm on Chrome. That's not to say that I don't have it on other apps but that's the only time I notice it.

6. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

I flashed motleys kernel and they are gone

Jay Aristide likes this.
  7. perfectstranger

perfectstranger Well-Known Member

I started noticing these lines about a week ago. Not often, maybe a couple a day that I see. Mine's stock/unrooted. Between the screen separation (which I've lived with) and now the lines, I'm wondering if I should contact Google for a replacement.

8. Jay Aristide

9. perfectstranger

perfectstranger Well-Known Member

This isn't a screen flicker issue though. For me it's random lines appearing across the screen for a split second. I've noticed them in various apps so it doesn't seem to be app specific.

10. mattyinhull

mattyinhull Newbie

Perfectstranger has exactly the same issue as me, my Nexus 7 is fine physically, I'm sure its a software issue, it is unlocked and rooted too as I needed stickmount. Although I'm rooted etc I don't actually know how to flash kernels yet (I copied a Youtube video to root my device lol).

11. Jay Aristide

My bad.. I was under the impression this thread (that I posted) was fixing the one-line random flicker.. that's at least what it seemed like they were talking about on the thread, but as I've not had a stock kernel on this thing long enough to experience any of those issues, I really don't know.. Might be worth giving it a shot anyways/just in case.

Most kernels come packaged for CWM. If you're rooted, you're most likely running CWM. Just flash the latest (6.0.0.6) CWM, then flash the kernel of your choice the same way.

12. mattyinhull

mattyinhull Newbie

Im going to have to read up on flashing then as i have no idea how to do it. I used the WUGs package for rooting, thanks!