1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Random Navigator Folder in SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by formulaic666, Apr 12, 2011.

1. formulaic666

formulaic666 Lurker
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Hello there

I just upgraded from my dying Hero to the Desire HD, which came with a free 8gb SD card. I swapped all my old data onto it and then went to stick a load of music on it, only to find that !.5gb of it was already being eaten. I couldn't see what it was doing it until I looked with Astro, and it is a folder called Navigator.

Does anyone know what the bejeesus this is and if i need it at all, or can i delete it from my SD card and use the space for more lovely lovely music?

If it is the 'TomTom' application then I don't drive so definitely don't need it. If I do need it can I shift it onto the phone's storage, or will it need to stay where it is?

Thanks

Paul

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I think they're the cached maps, not sure if you delete them they won't just download themselves again at some point.

formulaic666 likes this.
  3. formulaic666

formulaic666 Lurker
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Hmmm, can I get them to not do that, as I'd quite like to use the full SD card? Can I uninstall the app or is it part of the OS?

Cheers for the swift reply btw

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    No worries :)

Honestly mate, no idea, sorry!

I don't suppose there's any harm in doing it. I've just had a look on my card and I can't see the folder, is it just on the root of the SD?

If I don't have one, I've either deleted it and forgotten about it or it was never there to begin with and it's not re-downloaded. Either way, you're probably safe just to delete. Obviously, I'd take a backup of it first, just in case it does something important.