• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random pop up ADS and full screen ADS

Amwosi

Lurker
May 3, 2016
Hey,

I have a sony xperia Z2 and it started having weird pop up and full screen ADS. Most of them are advertising Badoo and Walking Dead game. I recently download Badoo and almost deleted it straight afterwards. Could it be that?

I've checked other threads regarding this, but none of them worked. I've tried to delete cache, which I thought would work the most, but it didn't. I haven't tried factory reset still, but I doubt it will be the only option.

E: Just got a one The Walking Dead game pop up on full screen with sound, please kill me. So frustrating.

ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus

Oh. it was Hiddak.AK Trojan on my android phone… that was causing full screen ad on home screen, whenever WiFi or Data connection was opened or whenever an new app was installed or uninstalled and installing new apps randomly without asking..

ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus was able to detect it by using Deep Scanning option..

It was hidden under the Service “ Android Communication Sync” .. watch out for this process in your phone

Hey,

I have a sony xperia Z2 and it started having weird pop up and full screen ADS. Most of them are advertising Badoo and Walking Dead game. I recently download Badoo and almost deleted it straight afterwards. Could it be that?

I've checked other threads regarding this, but none of them worked. I've tried to delete cache, which I thought would work the most, but it didn't. I haven't tried factory reset still, but I doubt it will be the only option.

E: Just got a one The Walking Dead game pop up on full screen with sound, please kill me. So frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones