1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Random Power Offs?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bainbridgematt, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bainbridgematt

None

Feb 24, 2011
    Anyone having problems with the atrix randomly powering off? I've had it happen twice now. The first time I was able to start it back up with a click of the power button. The second time I had to yank the battery.

Advertisement

2. bainbridgematt

None

Feb 24, 2011
    Same think happened again this morning. Powered off for no reason at all. Was able to get it to restart with hitting the power button but that is it. I did notice the little led at the top go solid green for a little before I had to reboot (since the phone was sitting on my desk in front of me).

3. kasperg

kasperg Newbie
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    just happened to me this morning and had to take battery out. working fine now. worries me though.

4. bainbridgematt

None

Feb 24, 2011
    Yes, has me really worried too. I have to check the return policy. If it continues to be a problem I'm going to have to return it :(

5. redrider67

redrider67 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Funny mine did this today, but it just restarted itself I didn't have to do anything.

6. NolePhin

NolePhin Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Just picked up my 2nd Atrix this afternoon, the first one I had seemed to have battery issues. This one was working perfect up until it randomly restarted itself. About 15 minutes later it randomly restarted itself again. Is this going to be a 3rd times a charm type deal? =(

7. hollenbeck

hollenbeck Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    I experienced this random shutoff myself last evening...had to pull the battery for it to reboot. Was in airplane mode while I sleeping to see how it would lengthen battery life. Could not get it to start up until I pulled the battery.

8. csyrell

csyrell Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    My was in a nonstop state of rebooting yesterday and today. I uninstalled a clock/weather widget and went back to a Beautiful Widget clock and so far no issues. Might be the widget?

9. NolePhin

NolePhin Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    I installed the Fancy Widget which is a very nice and free alternative to Beautiful Widgets, but maybe it is the reason I am having battery troubles as well as those 2 random restarts I had yesterday.

I ran a factory reset today and installed the Fancy Widget again along with a few other apps. So far no random restart, but my battery does seem to be draining quicker than it should. It's been 5.5 hours and I am already at 50%.

10. falafel

falafel Member
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    same here. today only two or three restarts. the last was while navigating. Also, the battery was very impressive the first couple of days. However today it drained much faster. Not sure whats going on.

11. StyleUkno

StyleUkno Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    this happened to me today as well...came here to check out if it happened to any one else. I had the phone in my pocket, took it out pushed the power button and nothing happened. Pulled the battery off then it rebooted. The other day as well i had the phone on the charger at night and i thought it was charging. I woke up in the middle of the night to grab a phone that was REALLY REALLY HOT but i mean HOOOOT and it had not charged. That is enough problems for me to go and exchange the phone and hope that i dont get another defective unit. Time to Unroot.

12. NolePhin

NolePhin Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    I haven't had any restarts since the first 2. Although that seems to be the least of my worries with the phone at the moment. Battery and video/picture texting is what will send me back to my Iphone 3GS.

13. PokerPlex

PokerPlex Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    I am having this same issue. The phone shut off in the middle of the night (with a full battery) and thus made me late for work. When it happened the first time, I thought nothing of it. Figured I woke up in the middle of the night and turned it off and didn't remember (though I would never do that).

Issue was confirmed when I pulled it out of my pocket the next day with a full battery, only to discover it had shut off once again.

14. dimammx

dimammx Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Man same problem, rebooted 2 times while doing nothing, and today showed message "Modem did not power up (0) Starting RSD protocol support" And doest go anywhere.
    Does everybody has those reboots? Or it just hardware problem on particular phone? Should i just get another phone? (HTC Inspire)?
    I love ATRIX but those power offs are just unacceptable.

15. dimammx

dimammx Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    It appears that ATT will only exchange phone once even if it was due to technical issue.
    so if i exchange for another atrix there is no way to change phone afterwards (to lets say HTC Inspire ). Did anybody found a fix for those random reboots?