• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random question: what do you believe in:

check what you believe in: (obviously, if you dont check it, then you dont believe it)

• 1. higher being (God type / some type of religion)

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • 2. Aliens - any life outside earth.. never visited Earth

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • 3. Aliens - from outside earth that have visited Earth.. now or in the past.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 4. Gravity

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • 5. flat-Earth - not a planet.. not round

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 6. Hollow Earth - there is life living in a huge bubble in the center of the Earth

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 7. Prehistoric Dinosaurs

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • 8. [This choice intentionally left blank]

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 9. Evolution of creatures ... animals and man.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
well. some believe in current types of lizards are a "type" of dinosaurs"
To be pedantic, lizards are amongst the living reptiles least closely related to dinosaurs. ;)
After birds (who are dinosaurs), crocodiles are the closest: they are also archosaurs, but split off at that point, whereas snakes and lizards split off earlier.

Upvote 0
To be pedantic, lizards are amongst the living reptiles least closely related to dinosaurs. ;)
After birds (who are dinosaurs), crocodiles are the closest: they are also archosaurs, but split off at that point, whereas snakes and lizards split off earlier.

thanks professor... always learn something new from you. :)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

But only if you believe in it. ;)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
but let's face it he thought that rabbits were rodents - that's what happens if you use superficial features as the basis of your taxonomy ;)

You do know that i'm now off to find out why rabbits shouldn't be rodents....

Its Sunday and you've made me go away and learn things

Upvote 0
It's easier to believe in (intelligent) aliens, whether they have ever visited us or not, that not to believe, especially given the ever increasing tally of potentially life-supporting planets being discovered than to believe that we live alone in splendid and unique isolation in the universe (which may not be the only one anyway).
Remember, Douglas Adams said 'Space is big, really big'

Upvote 0
It's easier to believe in (intelligent) aliens, whether they have ever visited us or not, that not to believe, especially given the ever increasing tally of potentially life-supporting planets being discovered than to believe that we live alone in splendid and unique isolation in the universe (which may not be the only one anyway).
Remember, Douglas Adams said 'Space is big, really big'

True, but you have to marvel at the spectacular convergence of conditions, which make life on Earth possible. Are we unique in the entire Universe? Probably not. But we're pretty damn rare.

I would personally love to live a Star Trek type 'federation of planets' Universe, with diverse species all living (fairly) harmoniously. Having said that, the Human race needs to evolve beyond what it currently is, because we're on a track to destroying ourselves, and that would be a real shame considering the possible uniqueness of our species.

Upvote 0
I would personally love to live a Star Trek type 'federation of planets' Universe, with diverse species all living (fairly) harmoniously. Having said that, the Human race needs to evolve beyond what it currently is, because we're on a track to destroying ourselves, and that would be a real shame considering the possible uniqueness of our species.

As would I, but I fear that humanity is just a lab experiment that got out of control.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones