• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Reboot

If anyone has an explanation I'd be so appreciative! I have a hero and so does my boyfriend and they both just randomly reboot. Sometimes while we're using them and sometimes they are just sitting on a table and they reboot! Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a fix? We are both out of the 30-day time frame but we do have insurance on both. Any help gladly accepted!! TIA

This happened to me today. I work in a lab full of 2nd grade students and as per my normal routine I set my phone to vibrate only set it on my desk and went on with my day. While all the kids where doing their lab work it was dead silent in the room except for the hum of computer fans.

All of a sudden the "twiddle twaddle giggily" boot noise blasts through the entire room...I look down to see my phone rebooting.

Upvote 0
I was hoping someone discovered the cause of this by now...so I guess I'll start with some diag and hope for the best. I just removed a few apps hope that will improve functionality. One being the location info for incoming calls...the other 2 I can't recall atm. But will post once on my computer...

I also get my phone calling my most recent call at all hours of the morning and night without having to so much as touch my phone. I noticed the squauking of a female friends vm recording coming from my phone (which was on my nightstand) at 4am one morning. I replayed the msg I left, and thank god deleted it...the call time was 4 minutes...of me watching some action film in the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones