1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random reboot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shurple, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Shurple

Shurple Android Enthusiast

Phone on the table. I am watching tv not using it and u hear droooooid.

Anyone know whst causes that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member

This is a known problem and the root cause is being investigated. Matt, Motorola forums manager, is looking into this personally. See the motorola thread at:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57450?tstart=0

Near the bottom of that thread is a link to an earlier rebooting thread on the same site. It has tons of info. Neall

Shurple likes this.
  3. Shurple

Thank you!!!!

4. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast

5. Shurple

Seems i will try disabling lookout first and then see if the next update fixes it. Thanks!

6. jimbo78255

jimbo78255 Newbie

OK, I was where I could not capture, type, or take notes ... But I followed this thread. Suffered with problem for 3 or 4 days, 8 or more reboots per day. Found a reported solution, did it and no reboots for the last 3 days, so I think it is solved.

Solution?? -- Well, I went to [Home] - settings - Wireless & Network - Wi-Fi settings - Manage Networks - Manage Networks options (the top bar) - and PopUp asks "Forget all networks?", Select "Yes" ....

I know that now you need to reenter nets as you encounter them, but I had tons and tons of networks and the machine was busy failing them. Since I did this, I have successfully added networks appropriately, left wifi on most of the time and have had not one reboot.

YMMV, best of luck

7. Shurple

i have 2 networks. work and home. that's it.

it lags right before it reboots. i can call it moments before it happens so i can get out of what i'm doing or reboot it myself

and when i first made this post.... i was home.... wifi

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews