1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Random Reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sundown13x, Oct 6, 2011.

1. sundown13x

sundown13x Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Male
    Lead Sales Sprint PCS.
    Angier, NC
    Anyone knows why this happens or some reasons why it will do it? Im on a rooted 4G with 2.3.3 on it... No Roms... I did a wipe the other day and its still doing it.

Advertisement

2. sundown13x

None

Aug 1, 2011
    Male
    Lead Sales Sprint PCS.
    Angier, NC
    not sure if it could be a software problem but i dont want to update my phone using the automatic update since i may lose my root. Any help or advice would be great. also anyone know a good rom i can try... im getting bored of using the stock one... Thanks in advance.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    well try and flash a new rom since you are getting bored and it could fix the random reboots you have been geting. try mikg2.55 if you want a sense rom or try cm7.1 which is aosp rom (no sense launcher). you can get most roms in the rom/kernel sticky of this forum. there is also a poll where you can see what people like so far. it is before the op of the rom/kernel sticky.

sundown13x likes this.
  4. sundown13x

None

Aug 1, 2011
    Male
    Lead Sales Sprint PCS.
    Angier, NC
    thanks for the info... I dont know why it keeps doing it... sometimes it happens once a day... sometimes once a week... today 4 times in a roll >.<

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    was this after you flashed mikg? or is it still on stock? if you plan on trying out other roms, by doing so may help with your issue. but if it still does it afterwards then you may have a hardware issue. i had that happen to me a few months ago.

it started slow but then got worse and worse. i tried wiping dalvik cache and cache which did not work. i tried several other roms and kernels and that did not work. so the only other option was to unroot it. after being unrooted it still had the issue of random reboots. i then took it into sprint and showed them the reboots. i found that if i had some heavy apps running that it will do it. so to show the tech i ran sprints navigation, google's navigation, pandora, and played angry bird all at the same time and it rebooted. so right on the spot they ordered me a refurb. and in a few days i had a "new" evo to play with. no issues after that. my vol buttons are no very loose and my charge port is seperating. so soon i need a new phone.

i hope this story helps you. if you have have any questions please feel free to ask.

dustwun77 likes this.
Tags: