• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Rebooting only at work

sgower

Lurker
Oct 29, 2012
My EVO 4G phone started random rebooting about three weeks ago only when I am at work. when ever I am away from work the phone works great.

A fellow employee also has the EVO 4G phone and her EVO 4G does the same thing. She had hers replaced with a refurbished unit and it still does the same thing.

I had my phone tested by a local Sprint store and they even did a hard reset on the phone and replaced the battery with a new one and the phone still only randomly reboots when I am at work.

Sprint help line has admitted that they are having capacity network issues in the are but that shoulded cause random reboots. They want to say it is my phone, either hardware or software, except then the random reboots should be happening all the time.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I work in Washingtion Twp. Michigan 48095

I would appreciate any insight as Sprint has been no help at all...

Thanks,

Steve

My EVO 4G phone started random rebooting about three weeks ago only when I am at work. when ever I am away from work the phone works great.

A fellow employee also has the EVO 4G phone and her EVO 4G does the same thing. She had hers replaced with a refurbished unit and it still does the same thing.

I had my phone tested by a local Sprint store and they even did a hard reset on the phone and replaced the battery with a new one and the phone still only randomly reboots when I am at work.

Sprint help line has admitted that they are having capacity network issues in the are but that shoulded cause random reboots. They want to say it is my phone, either hardware or software, except then the random reboots should be happening all the time.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I work in Washingtion Twp. Michigan 48095

I would appreciate any insight as Sprint has been no help at all...

Thanks,

Steve
Welcome to AF Steve!
This is odd! Only at your work does your phone random reboot?

I'd have to think about that one but I would rule out the phone itself if it happening only at your work as is your coworkers phone. :thinking:

Does it happen everyday? Or at a certain time?
Is your phone rooted? If not, is it up to date with updates?

Do you recall something at work being added? "Like what?" you say? I don't know, just trying to think of anything here....
As I type, I have a puzzled look on my face:)

Upvote 0
The random rebooting happens everyday that I am at work, started about 4 weeks ago. I have done everything Sprint has asked. My co-worker even changed her phone out to another EVO 4G, same issue.

Nothing new her at work... The random rebooting can happen a mile down the road from the office. All other non-Sprint phones here at our office are working fine.

I am just as puzzled...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones