1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random Rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teeterbug, Feb 5, 2011.

1. teeterbug

teeterbug Newbie

I can't find my answer. I'm noticing my phone reboots when I plug it into my computer. It doesn't happen all of the time. I've also noticed that the buttons on the bottom of the phone sometimes always stays lit until I press one of the buttons. Every now and then the phone will reboot when I email and the email is sending (I hit the home button while sending). Is this the phone or me? I have a DX. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. droidxsrt

droidxsrt Lurker

I'm having the same problem as well. Looking forward to a solution. DX also. Thanks

3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Sorry guys, you're not going to get any help without a LOT more info.

Running a custom rom? Overclocking your phone? Rooted?

Quite often it can be caused by a rogue app.

4. teeterbug

teeterbug Newbie

Colchiro-
    Sorry but my time has been too short to play with the phone much. So, your questions don't mean much to me. Sorry. What is custom rom, overclocking and rooted? There are things I would love to do but I haven't had time to look into it. I do have some games downloaded but that's pretty much it. Everything that came with the phone is on there. If you would be more specific, I would be more than happy to give more information. Thanks

5. colchiro

Sounds like you have a stock phone then so the answer to my questions would all be no.

How long have you had the phone?

When did the problem start?

Was there some change you made prior to the problem starting? (i.e. what did you install?)

6. teeterbug

teeterbug Newbie

I've had the phone less than a month. I noticed it a few weeks ago when I called Verizon because I wasn't able to accept appointment invites on my phone. When she asked me so do something it rebooted. She didn't seem to care about the reboot and I wasn't sure if I had done something.

Then I noticed it would reboot when I plugged it into the PC. When I composed an email, hit send, then clicked the home button, it rebooted.

Do you think this is a phone issue? This is my second phone. The first I bought 1/3 and had to return it due to the battery getting hot. It didn't reboot at random during the week or so I had it.

7. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Mine has also started doing these same things over the last couple weeks. I've had it since late August, and it's been fine until just a couple weeks ago. Unrooted, no custom rom or anything, just ADW. How do you narrow this down to a rogue app? I've looked though logs, but don't understand them enough to know what everything means.

8. colchiro

All you can do is to uninstall suspect apps, see if the problem goes away, then re-add.

I don't have the problem, but it's not unheard of. I'd start with uninstalling what you don't want or need. Do you have any other problems, apps that produce errors?

Hrethgir, did you use home switcher to remove widgets from your old screens before installing ADW? Those apps still continue to run in the background.

9. teeterbug

teeterbug Newbie

Thanks. I reset the phone and will add the apps back on slowly to see if it's one of them. At least it doesn't take 5 minutes to load like the Blackberry and doesn't hinder anything that I'm doing. Just didn't want to be stuck with a defective phone.

10. Droidx3

Droidx3 Lurker

I've noticed my phone rebooting when the black Satellite icon is doing it's thing on the top. I do use Google Latitude with my friends. Does anyone use Latitude or other GPS apps?

11. teeterbug

teeterbug Newbie

Well, even with the reset, it's still rebooting. I'm not sure if I want a refurbished phone and since it's not rebooting at times when I need it to be on, I'm not going to worry too much. If anyone does have any other suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews