• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random reboots and freezes

I had one reboot today. I was unlocking the screen and putting up with the haptic feedback lag issue. I started playing with the lock slider, sliding it back and forth without touching the unlock dot. Then I tried a long press on the lock slider and it shut my Droid X down. After I reboot, I tried it again to see if it was a "feature", but I couldn't reproduce it.

Upvote 0
I had 1 battery pull....i woke up this morning and it wouldnt unlock......screen stayed black.....

I had that same problem twice today. Found out what was causing it though, at least for me.

I keep it plugged into my PC usb(not sure if it does it with the wall charger), and if I unplug it without turning it on it first, it wont awake from the black screen. Have to do a battery pull to get it back.

Was still working though I think, because I got a few alerts when it did it. The screen just wouldn't turn back on.

Upvote 0
I had that same problem twice today. Found out what was causing it though, at least for me.

I keep it plugged into my PC usb(not sure if it does it with the wall charger), and if I unplug it without turning it on it first, it wont awake from the black screen. Have to do a battery pull to get it back.

Was still working though I think, because I got a few alerts when it did it. The screen just wouldn't turn back on.

yea mine wasnt charging at all.....i was letting it sit out all night....weird....i hate trying to do the battery pull because my little pull tab is torn off already.... :(....but havent had the prob since....we will see.

Upvote 0
My phone has rebooted atleast 20 times since yesterday afternoon when I got it. Is there a way to reflash the firmware? I really hate to wait two weeks for them to send me a replacement

I been having these same issues. Lol, I'm having it happen right now. It seems like the only way to fix it is reset data/factory and wipe cache. I thought it was custom rom related, but every rom I tried...it still happens.

Also, this been happening alot with my replacement phone and not as much with my old phone. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones