• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Reboots/Freezes when SD card mounted

delrayser

Lurker
Oct 13, 2010
Sometime during the past week, my Droid 1 has started randomly rebooting itself and/or freezing up. It doesn't seem to be dependent on what I'm doing at the time, and will happen even when the phone's not in use. The only thing I've found that solves the problem is unmounting the SD card, or removing it.

I've tried reformatting the SD card using both the phone and my computer, but that hasn't solved anything. It still has problems, even when the card is completely empty.

I'm rooted and running BB 0.5 with Nextheme, but I've tried restoring a backup from before the problem started happening, and even tried flashing stock FRG22D, and I still have problems, so I don't think it's a ROM issue.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Trying to decide whether to unroot and take in to the store before my 1-yr period is up next month.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones