1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Random Reboots in CM7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr_Coffee, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    I am using TG's final release, and have been seeing an increase of random reboots? Any suggestions... I wiped and reinstalled last week.

Advertisement

2. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Male
    Tier 2 Tech Support @ At&t
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    First thing I'm gonna ask. Are you overclocked or undervolted? If you are you are either overclocked or undrvilted too much... if you are at stick settings then have you changed any settings or installed any apps?

Mr_Coffee likes this.
  3. Cheechmo

Cheechmo Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Did you wipe cache?

Mr_Coffee likes this.
  4. joemossjr

joemossjr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Bardstown, Kentucky
    when I first installed cm7 and the oc kernel it was by default over clocked to 1.9 GHz and would reboot as soon as the screen would turn on top fix I just turned phone on and wait about 5 minutes (turn sc)een off and after t hat hurry and got to settings-> cyanogenmod settings-> performance and set it to about 1.4-1.5GHz it's safe and it should work fine.

Mr_Coffee likes this.
  5. Mr_Coffee

None

Dec 12, 2010

Left it as default, which is ON-DEMAND.

6. Mr_Coffee

None

Dec 12, 2010

Yes

7. Mr_Coffee

None

Dec 12, 2010
    I just updated the kernel settings to Smartass. On a previous installation, I used the smartass setting.

We'll see if that makes a difference?

8. Whyzor

Whyzor Android Expert
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    That must've been a long time ago? TG's later CM7 builds locked frequencies to 245-1024.

Also Tickerguy's CM7 doesn't allow frequency adjustments, so overclocking is not even possible. Try my TG-Reloaded ROM, which is more recent. And I have never had the phone randomly reboot except when I was trying to undervolt.

Random reboots are likely either hardware problems, or overheating due to a runaway app/service that runs in the background.

9. thangfish

thangfish Android Expert
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    TG never had an overclock kernel. (I think) one of Mantera's first OC kernels defaulted to 1.9 at the top end. He fixed it back to default @ 1024 pretty quickly, in an early version.

I used to run TG's b.08 overclocked with Mantera's kernel. I assume that's the kernel he meant, since that was the first OC kernel that appeared for TG's builds.

Mine used to have reboot issues, back before OC kernels were available for our CM7. Some seemingly random, some fairly repeatable.

I had done full wipes on install.
    Finally fixed it by doing full wipes/factory reset And then rebooting recovery And doing wipes/formats again, before installing CM7. Then, one at a time, restoring ONLY the apps that I actually used, one at a time, from Ti backup, with no data restored. Not sure what fixed it, but you know, searching the market for apps to do a particular job until you actually settle on one you like, we sometimes end up with several that do the same thing... Often thought that may have caused issues. May have been the double And triple wipes/formats surrounding at least one reboot of CWM recovery that fixed it.