• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Reboots not so random?

chadder44

Lurker
May 30, 2011
I too have been getting random reboots since the update, but not until this weekend have I noticed a pattern. Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the last 3 of my reboots have all taken place when I was receiving an incoming call. A few days ago I was sitting there looking at my phone, on handcent too btw, when it just shut off. When I turned it back on I got a call from my dad, who told me he had tried calling a few minutes ago but my phone was off. Then, the next day my buddy was going to call me back "in one min". Sure enough, roughly 60 seconds later my phone shuts off. And now about 20 minutes ago my phone shuts off, so I send a text to my 5 most frequent callers and yes, one of them had just tried calling me. Now, either this is a fluke or somehow incoming calls cause the phone to shut off. It obviously doesnt shut off on every call, but i think we would be closer to finding a solution if we narrowed it down to all reboots being a result of select incoming calls. Anyone else experience this? I know people will get mad at me if this has been talked about, but I am a loose follower of this site and I havent seen anything yet.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones