• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Reboots Solved?

mdeblaz

Android Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2010
It's been 4 full days without a reboot now for me. I think what did it was I let my battery drain completely out on Friday and then fully charged it while it was off.

Perhaps, and I by no means am saying this is 100% the solution, but perhaps the reason for the random reboots is due to something with the battery calibration??? Draining out the battery will recalibrate the battery.

Please give it a whirl and let the forums know how it works for you... and please, wait at least 2 days for a reboot to happen before saying it worked...

Joking or not, those sort of responses only do one thing... they turn people away from wanting to participate in these forums. The OP was clearly trying to offer a potential fix to one of the biggest issues with the TB. Whether it works or not, please try showing a little appreciation for those efforts. I for one depend on people who are willing to share their ideas... please don't push them away.

Upvote 0
Joking or not, those sort of responses only do one thing... they turn people away from wanting to participate in these forums. The OP was clearly trying to offer a potential fix to one of the biggest issues with the TB. Whether it works or not, please try showing a little appreciation for those efforts. I for one depend on people who are willing to share their ideas... please don't push them away.

+1 Thank you!

Upvote 0
As crazy as it sounds to some... I received my OTA Update last Friday. Within 3 hours of the update I had 2 random reboots.

I turned of my phone and removed the battery for just over an hour. I reinstalled the battery and turned the phone on. I have had zero reboots since.

you went without your phone for an entire hour?

what the hell happened to the Matrix while you did that?

...might have to give this a try. my reboots are becoming more frequent and at the most inopportune times---between reboots :)

Upvote 0

But at the same time, why are people so thin-skinned now? Are we that sensitive? It's just words on a screen. I come in here to read a bit, but I know not to take anything serious. Are we really that uptight?

Reactions: daltekkie
Upvote 0
But at the same time, why are people so thin-skinned now? Are we that sensitive? It's just words on a screen. I come in here to read a bit, but I know not to take anything serious. Are we really that uptight?

I agree! What's wrong with having a little fun. I didn't read those posts like they were making fun of anyone. As a matter of fact, in all my frustration with this phone I need a little giggle now and then. The way I read those posts is that they're only trying to point out how ridiculous it is that we have to keep trying so many things to fix problems that should have already been ironed out by their obviously overpaid QA department.

Upvote 0
So I have an idea why the OTA upgrade was pushed out. Now I get a pop-up window on my phone when I connect it to my notebook saying that I can use tethering and wifi for a limited time. Something tells me that HTC didn't have the phone setup to tether where Verizon could monitor tethering use in 3G. Damn shame that Verizon pushes an update that benefits them rather than one that fixes any issues with the phone itself. Typical corporate BS, putting profits before Customer Service not realizing that profits should be realized BECAUSE of good customer service.

Upvote 0
I agree! What's wrong with having a little fun. I didn't read those posts like they were making fun of anyone. As a matter of fact, in all my frustration with this phone I need a little giggle now and then. The way I read those posts is that they're only trying to point out how ridiculous it is that we have to keep trying so many things to fix problems that should have already been ironed out by their obviously overpaid QA department.

Does it really matter how you and I view these posts? The OP obviously took offense to them, which may affect his/her participation going forward. This doesn't mean that anyone is overly sensitive... just that someone values their time and efforts.

As for me, I guess I'd rather come here to read of possible solutions (even of they'd been mentioned before) than a thread full of criticism. I'm not opposed to responses that correct or add value to what the OP has written, I'm just not a fan of knocking them for taking the time to share information. It's a courtesy that they are owed.

Reactions: jvbaseball
Upvote 0
To be honest, no offense taken from TheSchneidster of Gravytrain... I just thought it was pointless for them post something that didn't offer up anything of relevance to the topic. Meanwhile, in other threads about reboots, they're both asking for help and complaining about their reboot issues.

Reactions: cmhobbz
Upvote 0
So has anyone proved whether or not this works? I must admit I'm skeptical (And will refrain from any sarcasm since that's already been touched in here). I understand how more advanced batteries are now, but I don't see how draining a battery completely and then recharging it from a charge of 0 will help with this issue, especially if the issue is related to the OTA update.

Upvote 0
I can only speak from my experience, but I had random reboots that got out of control one day. Since I did the battery drain and subsequent recharge, it's been 227 hours since my phone has turned off by any kind of reboot - manual or random. And I didn't change anything with the phone.

I'm also interested to know if anyone else has tried this...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones