1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Random reboots with Fresh 2.1.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Traviswf, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Traviswf

Traviswf Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    Is anyone else having this issue where the phone or just sense (is it still even sense?) reboots? I get this and the word "FRESH" pops up while I get the loading wheel and all of my widgets have to re-load.

It takes less than a minute (if it's just the interface and doesn't boot to the HTC screen...), but it's happened a couple of times now when I got an incoming call - and I can't answer the phone.

Anyone else getting this?

Advertisement

2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I use launcher Pro and do not experience this. Cannot say for Sense as I don't use it.

I saw it in an older version, but it really isn't a "reboot" in my opinion. It might be a relaunching of the launcher. To me, a reboot would mean the phone itself reboots, which I know it doesn't do :).

3. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Austin
    i'm not using sense, i'm using launcherpro, but i am getting random reboots. sometimes it could take a couple days, sometimes it could happen a couple of times a day...very intermittent. luckily, it most seems to do it with my alarms in the morning, and i have multiple alarms in my room. but it does happen..haven't been able to figure out why really, i'm not really running much at all.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Kingston, GA

yep... happens to me as well.. I switched to launcher pro and don't have that problem anymore. I did not have that problem on Fresh 2.1.1. On Fresh 2.1.2 it will even happen when hitting the back button to exit an app

5. trotter

trotter New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I just upgraded to 2.1 and am getting random reboots also. It happens especially when the phone's screen is black and I push the button on the right to turn the screen on. It goes right to the white HTC window and reboots. I saw some references to Launcher Pro versus scenes. Can you explain this?

6. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Web Developer
    San Diego, CA
    I went from Fresh 2.0d to DamageControl 2.08.1 to Fresh 2.1.2 and I have not experienced that problem. I wiped everything before installing the ROM. Everything. I think that helped.

7. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I have it on the aloysius rom, didn't have it at all on the OC'd map version but was getting crappy battery life so I went to non OC'd map version and it randomly reboots all the time =(

I didn't wipe because I was told in the thread on xda that it wasn't needed, but I think I may try it just to see if it fixes it.

So anyway, I don't think it is based on a single rom as I was getting it before I was rooted, and now it is rearing its ugly head again.

Tags: