• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone else been having this issue? My Cliq will just reboot at random times. It started doing this after the OTA update. It won't be a full reboot, either. It'll stop at the T-Mobile "Stick Together" screen, which requires me to do a battery pull. I was hoping battery pulls were a thing of the past for me after giving up BB's.

Mine was doing the same exact thing. It started out by freezing in the middle of playin with ab app or trying to use the browser. Then when I would be able to actually type a full text it would freeze then reboot. I personally think it had to do with an app that maybe had a bug in it or something. I was able to correct it by doing a master reset, which was simple n rather quick. The only downside was I basically lost all the apps I had downloaded, but its your call on doing that

Upvote 0
Hey. Mine has been doing the same thing. The first phone I had was resetting every hour or so. My current one is doing it about once a day (occasionally more).
Like yours, it resets and hangs at the pink tmobile screen.

I have swapped everything, including the SIM card and the memory card. I have also done the factory reset, reformatted the SD card, etc. I have also tried to find a correlation between the crashes and the apps I am running, but no luck.

I agree that the problem may be related to the OTA update. Bottom line is I am getting my THIRD phone in the mail sometime this week. After calling the cust. support number they told me that this was 'not a known issue' and when I suggested that they make it one, they said they could not do that...

If anyone else has this problem, please let me know what you have done about it!

Upvote 0
I just got handset #3, it is running 1.1.4. I will wait a couple of weeks, see if it crashes in the meantime, and then install 1.1.31. It is funny how different each handset has been. (the new one has a really sloppy vibrate, but a more sensitive screen)

In other news, airplane mode keeps getting stuck on and I have to reboot to get data back.

<Insert motoblur rant here>

Upvote 0
Update since the last post: On the 7th I logged into the new phone, installed all the apps I use, and get it set up the same way as I had the last one, with the exception of the 1.1.31 update, which I left off. It worked fine with no major issues (other than hung/dropped call issues that seem to be endemic to the phone).

Then, for no apparent reason, on 1/13 the phone flipped. It has now crashed >19 times in the last 6 days. I am getting REALLY PISSED at T-mobile. Why am I cursed with phones that don't work? After it became apparent that the phone was crashing with 1.1.4, I updated to 1.1.31 with no obvious change in stability.

Has anyone returned a phone past the 14 day mark due to lemon issues? At this point it looks like I will just keep getting an new phone under warranty every 2 weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones