1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random Reboots ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThrottleAbuse, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Newbie

Anyone else getting any? Mine just did it. Did one last night while I and the night before when I was using it. I thought it had to do with an app I was running at the time (Strava) but it has done it now 3 times and I have been doing any range of tasks or in todays case it may have been when a text came in. Can't exactly pinpoint it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mobgob

mobgob Member

I haven't had any. My first guess would be some app that's not completely compatible with ICS yet and that's causing an issue.

foo likes this.
  3. lgiorgio24

lgiorgio24 Lurker

yeah, mine has done it three times now.

4. meisterle

meisterle Lurker

The last two days I had at least 3 random reboots per day - yesterday afternoon I uninstalled the Light Flow App and it's been smooth sailing since. (My phone is rooted and on 4.0.1)

5. orlando bull

orlando bull Well-Known Member

I've had a couple... using light flow also. Not sure if that's it, or, if I am willing to give it up to avoid the reboots.

6. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Newbie

No light flow here. Was running strava for kicks again trying to get it to crash for the strava guys and got a phone call. Chatted on the phone and went to hang up and frozen phone. Pressed power and nothing. Pressed the black screen and reboot. Strava ran all the way until the reboot.

7. chris886

chris886 Lurker

I'm getting two or three reboots a day since purchase. All during different types of use (using phone, using apps, overnight while charging)

8. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

I haven't had random reboots, but I have had a few as a result of applications not ready for ICS (For example, Wifi tether works but will cause reboots if you aren't careful).

9. creektrails

creektrails Newbie

Had one on the second day but havent been bothered since.

10. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

I'm using lightflow, with no reboots, so I don't think it's that.

11. LTek1

LTek1 Member

Mine did it all day yesterday. I had a bunch of ap updates today. Not sure which one itight have been, but smooth sailing since. I'm convinced as aps get caught up, this phone will be unstoppable.

12. I think mine has done it once. However, this happened on my Droid X as well.

13. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast

I had 3 reboots so far. The last one, I was checking something in settings and it just rebooted.

14. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

I just had my first re-boot, while downloading car home ultra from the market. Froze, then re-boot. To the galaxy nexus's credit though, it re-booted super fast.

15. meisterle

meisterle Lurker

I haven't been bothered by any reboots since my last post. Since other people can't seem to pin it to the same app I'd venture to say that the problem may not just be Light Flow, but that there is a good chance that it is a software problem of some apps not playing nice with ICS. I think that is a slight consolation while we wait for this kink to get ironed out...

In the meantime, maybe people want to look into uninstalling apps one by one until the reboots stop.

16. Citic07

Citic07 Newbie

I got my Nexus release day, right when Verizon opened. I was on the phone later that day, when it went black and restarted, then again later that night.

Anyway I went to Verizon the next day to exchange a case and said "Oh by the way..."

The lady said she hadn't heard of this and asked if I wanted to exchange phones. I said yeah and haven't had a prob since :)

Nexus <3

17. firecracker

firecracker Member

I've had two so far. One two days after I got it (before unlocking and rooting) and one last night (after unlocking and rooting). Both occurred after trying to launch the camera. I'm not positive about the first time but last night I was launching it from the camera icon and not directly from the launch screen.

18. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Newbie

Interesting. I wonder if its possibly some bad hardware or coincidence that your new one is running fine.

19. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

My friend said he's had this happen but that he noticed it only does it when listening to music. He said both pandora and google music have caused it. I haven't used my phone to listen to music yet, so I can't speak to that.

Dukins likes this.
  20. bird jam

bird jam Well-Known Member

I had one today when I was in Google Voice and trying to read a text when I believe a call came in. The phone just went dead and the power button wouldn't do anything. I was worried I had bricked it somehow, but after about 15 seconds the power button brought it back up into boot mode.

21. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Newbie

Nevermind. Thought I started new thread.

22. Dukins

Dukins Member

I'm getting random reboots when listening to music also. I'm using PowerAmp if that makes a difference. Also noticed I get random reboots when using go launcher. I'm testing now listening to music on stock launcher with PowerAmp. Hope it goes well. Can't live without my music lol.:eek:

23. Joe Schmuck

Joe Schmuck Member

I had one today when I was dl a picture to a contact. And one yesterday...

24. bacole08

bacole08 Newbie

I've had 3 "crashes" while listening to Pandora in my car with it charging and going through an auxilary port. I say "crashes" because it doesn't automatically reboot. The screen turns black, music stops, etc then after maybe 15 seconds, I have to press the power button and it goes through the boot animation.

25. blacknsb

blacknsb Newbie

Its happened to me about three times. All when I was doing something different and it has happened before and after I downloaded light flow so I am not convinced that is it.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews