1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random reboots?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by snapcase, Dec 28, 2011.

1. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

Yesterday I was browsing the forums on my Galaxy Nexus (on wifi), and the phone just randomly rebooted. Screen went black, I figured the screen timed out, but a split second later the white "Google" appeared on the screen.

Today, I was sitting at the computer playing video games, with my phone set in front of me so I could see if I got any calls. The phone was just sitting there, no apps running with the screen off. I notice something change on the scree, look and again see the white "Google" and the rest of the boot display.

Anyone else have this happen with their GNex? I'm really hoping it isn't a sign of a hardware issue or something I'll have to get a replacement for.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Well-Known Member

I've had this happen too about 5 or 6 times (that I know of). Just today, selected the Camera it froze for a second then rebooted. It's starting to piss me off!

3. SkylerDurden

SkylerDurden Lurker

This has been happening to me all day too. Twice while trying to make phone calls.

4. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

My first G-Nex rebooted on me twice while using Maps and once while just writing an email. Returned it to the store and got another. No more reboots so far. Had it for 5 days now. First one rebooted the first night I had it.

Don't risk being stuck with bad hardware, exchange it ASAP.

5. SkylerDurden

SkylerDurden Lurker

Yeah, I think I'm going to take it in tomorrow. Just as a follow up, I did notice that it's happening any time the phone app tries to run. This includes when calls come in from google voice or directly to the phone.

6. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

I had this issue last week & removing Light Flow fixed it. Sucks cause not everyone has that issue but it fixed my reboots. Some have also said removing Volume+ has resolved random reboots too.

Yes, I KNOW, most don't have this problem, but it fixed my issues instantly after removing LightFlow - so worth a try (if you're even using it)

7. alpha0990

alpha0990 Android Enthusiast

A factory reset fixed it for me. I assume one of the apps that I had installed was causing it.

foo likes this.
  8. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Ya so many are quick to return it when factory reset sometimes can resolve it. I guess either way works, but it's wroth a try imo

9. SkylerDurden

SkylerDurden Lurker

I did have lightflow. Uninstalled but the issue remains. I imagine a factory reset would fix it but I have some pretty bad banding on the screen anyway. Odd that it only started today.

10. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Ya that sucks man...good luck

11. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

I've downloaded Lightflow previously but didn't have it installed during the two reboots I experienced. I did however have Volume+ installed... and still do. Haven't experienced another reboot since, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it.

12. Travisimo

Travisimo Android Enthusiast

I've had the Gnex since launch day and never had any random reboots until today. Now it's happened twice today and I haven't installed anything today. It seems coincidental that this only started happening after yesterdays major 4G outage, but I can't see why that would have anything to do with it...

At any rate, every Android phone I've had has randomly rebooted now and then, so I'm not concerned unless it becomes a regular occurrence.

13. Sintec

Sintec Newbie

I am on reboot #3 in less than 24 hours. Gonna see how it does through the weekend. Will try a factory reset as a last resort if it continues. If same after, back it goes! Good thing I waited on installing my XO skin.

14. babyhuyx

babyhuyx Newbie

For both my phone and my girlfriend phone lightflow was the issue after uninstall no more reboot

foo likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews