• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random reboots

robertjw4688

Aug 9, 2013
I'm using a rooted ZTE Force with stock rom running android 4.0.4. Recently, my phone started randomly freezing where, after a few minutes of being frozen, it will show the boot splash screen (without showing the android symbol beforehand or checking the sdcard afterwards like a normal reboot) I usually have to reboot the phone for real afterwards because it will run incredibly slow if I dont. I've tried uninstalling apps I dont use, power cycling, etc and nothing has worked. Help?

Edit: I had Clockwork mod installed on my old sdcard and it died. Am now using a different sdcard. Could that be causing it?

I wish I could remember what app caused it (might be my cpu tuner and forcing both cpus online) but I had the same problem. Incidentally it was fixed automatically in the backup/restore process. I was trying different roms and when I restored the problem was gone. Maybe a similar fix would help you? Maybe restore an old backup, or take a new one/then reset to factory/restore? Good luck

Upvote 0
I just followed the instructions in this thread. http://androidforums.com/force-4g-lte-all-things-root/701909-osiris-guess-what-2-owe-osiris-5-each.html. Also, there are pretty rooted roms to be found on the boards here. Check the All things root forum. DSF is pretty popular, and I like it too. I believe that SuperR offers a rooted version of stock somewhere in there as well. I'd you can't find it I'll post a linkfor you. I'm pretty sure you'll like DSF though (that's droidsmith force) . But I can confirm that the root method listed in the link works as well. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones