1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random reboots

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robertjw4688, Oct 7, 2014.

1. robertjw4688

robertjw4688 Member

I'm using a rooted ZTE Force with stock rom running android 4.0.4. Recently, my phone started randomly freezing where, after a few minutes of being frozen, it will show the boot splash screen (without showing the android symbol beforehand or checking the sdcard afterwards like a normal reboot) I usually have to reboot the phone for real afterwards because it will run incredibly slow if I dont. I've tried uninstalling apps I dont use, power cycling, etc and nothing has worked. Help?

Edit: I had Clockwork mod installed on my old sdcard and it died. Am now using a different sdcard. Could that be causing it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. knoober

knoober Android Enthusiast

I wish I could remember what app caused it (might be my cpu tuner and forcing both cpus online) but I had the same problem. Incidentally it was fixed automatically in the backup/restore process. I was trying different roms and when I restored the problem was gone. Maybe a similar fix would help you? Maybe restore an old backup, or take a new one/then reset to factory/restore? Good luck

3. How did you manage to get root on that phone to start? I've been trying for days.

4. knoober

knoober Android Enthusiast

I just followed the instructions in this thread. http://androidforums.com/force-4g-lte-all-things-root/701909-osiris-guess-what-2-owe-osiris-5-each.html. Also, there are pretty rooted roms to be found on the boards here. Check the All things root forum. DSF is pretty popular, and I like it too. I believe that SuperR offers a rooted version of stock somewhere in there as well. I'd you can't find it I'll post a linkfor you. I'm pretty sure you'll like DSF though (that's droidsmith force) . But I can confirm that the root method listed in the link works as well. Good luck.

ZTE Force 4G LTE Forum

The ZTE Force 4G LTE release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 427 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews