• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

random reboots?

Sharkhunter45

Oct 4, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
I don't know if this has been discussed in this forum yet or not, but has anyone else been getting random reboots? Today my phone rebooted itself four or five times, and its rebooted at least once every day or two for the past week. Two of the times the screen turned completely blue for 5-10 seconds before it restarted. I did a factory reset and upgraded to ZV4 before installing some of my usual apps, so it's possible it could be an app just not playing nicely, but the blue screen worries me.

Mine doesn't do it that often, but it does reboot more than I'd like. I'd expect it to if the phone locked up or something but it's even doing it when things are going smoothly - like just this afternoon I was reading a webpage in chrome and the lightning bolt came across and it started rebooting. Kinda ticked me off. LOL

Upvote 0
Does it actually reboot? Look at active time in the about section. I recently caught my phone twice with what I thought was rebooting itself, but in reality the home screen crashed. This resulted in the lock screen lighting up and the notification bar filling back up. I thought it was a reboot but then I observed that the active time read that the phone had been active for days still.

Not sure what caused the crashing though, the only apps I use are my browsers, facebook, and poweramp.

Upvote 0
Sooo i've now caught the phone red handed, and strangly enough it is a psudo-reboot in every sense of the word. Tonight on my ride home while listening to music, the music stopped. I had a sense that the phone was crashing so I pulled it out (these days I use my pebble to control the phone when I play it through the car stereo) and hit the power button and found it not responding. A couple seconds later the LG screen showed up (non carrier rom), BUT, where a cold boot would take about 30 seconds and the first 22 or so seconds would be during a full bright screen and the notification button would be cycling between colors, this crash only led to the LG screen where there was no notification light and brightness matched the user setting and it took only about 7 seconds for the lock screen to show. It is more then just a desktop crash, but it isn't a full cold boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones