1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random Resets

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aidan257, Feb 4, 2011.

1. aidan257

aidan257 Well-Known Member

I seem to have a major issue with my DHD, all of yesterday i had an issue where when i've gone to check my phone i press the power button & it starts to boot up again.
    So to me it looks to have somehow turned itself off. I thought maybe it was an app causing the issue so i did a factory reset & i still get the problem. Has anyone else come up with a similar issue?
    PS. i've left the phone on over night to charge & so far it hasn't done anything like that & i've also got the HTC leather slip case.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rajesh266

rajesh266 Lurker

I am facing the same problem. It just attempts to restart all the time. Factory reset also doesn't' help.

I asked HTC support in the UK and they said facotry reset should work but if it doesn't send the phone to them - which is what I am going to do now unless someone is kind enough to suggest a easy way out.

Cheers / Raj :thinking::mad:

3. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

4. aidan257

i have heard it could possibly be a loose battery issue. So far today i've had no issues what so ever. The annoying thing is i only took the battery out yesterday to see if it could have possibly been loose & the battery cover was on solid so i still can't see how it could be a battery issue.

HTC Desire HD - Turning itself off! - HTC Forums

5. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

Mine was doing that a week or so ago, not done it since. Did a factory reset due to other issues though

6. aidan257

Right since thursday i have had no issues at all. v v weird. I'm still within my 28days period so if it crops up again i'll certainly take it back without a 2nd thought. (naturally to get a new DHD).
    Other then this phone is the best one i've had. Love it :)

7. brun82

brun82 Lurker

aidan yours doesnt sound like the reboot issue, more like the turning itself off issue

remove the sim card cover, push up the sim card so its 100% seated in properly, then tape the sim card down, the issue your having is if the sim card moves even the slightest amount, the phone turns off

ive had this problem myself and even sent a phone back, the new phone did it til i found the problem and solution

8. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member

yep i agree, ive been having the same issue and i also believe its the sim card.

When it happens i simply open the cover and push the sim card all the way up and then the phone is fine for another week or so...until i have to do it again.

I need to try the 'taping it down' solution though, sounds like that would do the trick!

9. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

just wanted to update on this thread.

I have now been about 3 weeks without a reset or the phone turning itself off. Basically what i did is i put a small piece of paper under the battery and sim cover to make sure both the battery and the sim are pinned down as tightly as possible and it did the trick!

Its very annoying though, that after spending over

10. Nick19

Nick19 Lurker

I was having this problem too. It was happening around 7-10 times a day.

I have now fixed it. Some people may have a sotfware issue or something else, but this is what fixed mine:

On the battery cover and the sim card cover, there are 2 copper contacts which connect to 2 other copper contacts on the actual phone.

Use a small screwdriver and lift up the contacts that spring and lift them but not too far, you dont want to snap them.

I havent had a restart since, this was definitely my problem.

Good luck

11. baboog

baboog Newbie

I bought a 2nd hand Desire HD ... the issue is after 10-12 hours it resets. and the reset scenario is like this:

the phone just doesn't reboot out of the blue. It freezes first, mostly when connecting/disconnecting USB or running an app or just playing in Sense shell. It has never once rebooted while I was playing a game or reading/writing mail, etc. Only when I was in Sense. The phone would freeze, not react to touches on screen. Only live wallpaper would continue to move. hard buttons would react (vibrate) but do nothing, and after a while (cca 1-1.30 minute) the phone would reboot. After reboot, the time shown in since last reboot wouldn't change, so it didn't know it rebooted. strange.

I have added paper behind sim, behind battery....
    Right now what i am doin is i RESET it my self after 8-10 hours :D.. and the next 8-10 hours go smoooth...
    So any ideas?? what seems to be the issue here hardware or software??
    Any suggestions.
    THANKS
    PS I DONT HAVE WARRANTY :( ....

12. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Hi Baboog - please don't put multiple posts on the same subject... it only causes confusion!! I have heard something similar elsewhere... I will see if I can find the thread I'm thinking of!

13. baboog

baboog Newbie

Sure sorry my bad... desparate measures.. :(... THANKS FOR UR TIME and effort SIR

14. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

No problemo... I'm sure someone will be able to help you. Not managed to find the thread yet... still looking though!

As you say you bought the DHD second hand, you won't be covered by a warantee... have you thought about rooting your DHD? It sounds like a problem with Sense... if you tried a different (non-Sense) rom, you might be ok... or even if you tried a Sense based rom... you might solve the problem! :thinking:

EDIT - in answer to one of your original questions, this sounds like a software issue... just a thought, but have you tried clearing the data associated with Sense... this could sort you out.

15. baboog

baboog Newbie

Hey yes this is my first android device.. will get into rooting/roming when i get some time (a week or 2) ... read abt it.. have to downgrade software , then root, then flash roms well all are separate and complicated topics ... Hopefully will do it and it will be fixed.. will let u know .. THANKS man

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews