• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random ringtones

xmirage2kx

Jun 21, 2010
Upgrading to 2.2 has been great overall, I get longer battery life with the 2150 htc battery (charge until green, turn off phone and charge until green), Love the light, hate the new installed vzw apps, etc etc, But the biggest problem I am having is my ringtones are totally random. For phone calls, texts, each persons ringtones, emails, alarms, etc every playing sound will just select a random ringtone from my 500+ selection I have stored on my phone. This can cause quite a problem if say the wrong tone goes off in work or at church :eek:, but is annoying because I never know whos calling/texting/emailing/alarming, or even if it is a call/text/email/alarm. Even if my phone is on vibrate it will just randomly play a ringtone from time to time (or not play a ringtone if its set to normal). I have done a hard reset and still have the same issue. Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones