1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

random s3 improvement?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by oneepicboss, Jun 25, 2013.

1. oneepicboss

oneepicboss Newbie

So i have had my s3 fo about 2 months and the battery has been horrible and i am tired of it. i was getting ready to get a new phone (iphone 5) but today the battery was actually pretty good! it lasted really good on standby and exceptionally good even with use and i had to try pretty hard to drain the battery. do any of you guys think this is weird? i kinda want my phone to start going back to the way it was so i can get a iphone

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

:D

Might be many things - better reception, less screen usage, lower ambient light when the screen was used etc etc.

Look on the brightside: it could go back to being awful tomorrow ;)

BTW - you sure you want to get an iP5? The iP5s/IP6 (or whatever is next) is due to be announced in but 2 or 3 months. Hopefully, it'll have a sensible sized screen, too: my missus has the iP5 and while its a fine phone, the screen is ridiculously small.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Android takes some time to learn your usage pattern and optimize battery. What's surprising is it took yours two months. It shouldn't last that long unless you use task killers and ram managers which actually increase battery drain.