1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Random Screen Off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stocklone, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Stocklone

Stocklone Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    Both my wife's and my E4GTs will have their screen turn off randomly. It don't know if it is just the screen off or the phone is off. The phone doesn't respond to clicking the power button to turn the screen on. My wife was fixing it by doing a battery pull but I showed her if you hold down the power button long enough the notification light flashes blue and then the phone boots and the Samsung GSII logo appears. No idea why this happens. It seems to happen while we are not using our phones though.

Is this a bug? Do we both have phones with bad hardware? Anybody have any ideas? We are both running the latest version of the OS. I did root mine but my wife is completely stock so I'm suite certain that isn't causing the issue.

Advertisement

2. solid_s_1117

solid_s_1117 Well-Known Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    Chicago
    I would go into Display Settings and turn Animations to off. Then I would set the screenoff time to 15 secs. just to see if everything is working properly. If that doesn't work, I would download the app System Panel (free in the market) and see if there is a rogue app that is constantly running/active, trying to constantly sync (like Facebook), or keeping the phone awake.