• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
One of the first things I like to do with a device when I get it from the store is boot it up then factory reset it...I don't know why, but ever since I received my GNex 2 years ago I have done it because my device, even though completely factory was really messed up and had a lot of problems, a reset fixed them.

Just seems like something I have done for awhile now.

Reactions: jwither
Upvote 0
My VZW GN3 just rebooted. It was sitting on my desk, not touching anything else, face up. All of the sudden it rebooted with no warning. I have headphones on connected to my computer, so I'm not sure if it made any noise, but it went through the whole reboot screen. Weirdest part is the phone's uptime is 214 hours...though it clearly just went through a reboot. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
My VZW GN3 just rebooted. It was sitting on my desk, not touching anything else, face up. All of the sudden it rebooted with no warning. I have headphones on connected to my computer, so I'm not sure if it made any noise, but it went through the whole reboot screen. Weirdest part is the phone's uptime is 214 hours...though it clearly just went through a reboot. Thoughts?
More than likely caused by an app you installed.

Waiting for someone to come in now and say they've not installed anything on their N3, or used it to make a call, or wiped their backside with it, before it started rebooting itself.

Upvote 0
More than likely caused by an app you installed.

Waiting for someone to come in now and say they've not installed anything on their N3, or used it to make a call, or wiped their backside with it, before it started rebooting itself.

Not to be snippy, but that's about as helpful as my ISP telling me to reboot my computer because the cable modem is broken.

Now, if you want to talk about methods of finding out what app might be causing problems, or if you know of a particular app (or set of apps) that cause problems, please let me know. If you're just telling me that I'm doing something wrong without any constructive help, well, it's obviously not that helpful.

For the record, I have installed apps and made phone calls with my N3, but I have not, and will not ever, wipe my ass with it.

Upvote 0
Not to be snippy, but that's about as helpful as my ISP telling me to reboot my computer because the cable modem is broken.

Now, if you want to talk about methods of finding out what app might be causing problems, or if you know of a particular app (or set of apps) that cause problems, please let me know. If you're just telling me that I'm doing something wrong without any constructive help, well, it's obviously not that helpful.

For the record, I have installed apps and made phone calls with my N3, but I have not, and will not ever, wipe my ass with it.
There are over a million apps in the Play store. Only you know which ones you've installed.

It's a little difficult to tell you which app might be causing a problem without a complete list of your apps, assuming I have the time to read through the reviews of each one in the Play store.

If you've ever had an app crash, that's a good place to start.

If you've sideloaded an app (by running the .apk because it wasn't available in the Play store), that would be my second choice.

If you've installed an app from the Amazon Market because it wasn't in the Play store, third.

Check Settings, application manager, running, and consider uninstalling any apps that weren't included in the stock release.

If you've installed an app to benefit from a feature that your carrier would otherwise charge an extra fee for, that's another uninstall.

If your phone is rooted, see the "all things root" subforum sorted by carriers.

I'll add to this list if I think of more ways you may have caused this. :)

I kid.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones