• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Shut Downs

luckyheel

Apr 5, 2010
I've had my charge for a little over a month now and up until recently, it's been a great phone. I did root, but I am running the stock ROM with several bloatware apps deleted. I performed these actions over 3 weeks ago, but the issue I'm having only just started.

Over the last few days, the phone just randomly shuts down. It shuts down and the only way to restart is to remove the battery and then power up. I can't just long press the power button if it randomly shuts down.

It doesn't seem to be related to overheating as the phone is not hot to the touch when I remove the battery.

I've been downloading a lot of apps recently, but the power down is not related to a specific app that I intentionally run.

Anyone else having this issue? I have read some other threads about random reboots, but my phone is not rebooting, just shutting down. So, I could eventually try the factory reset, but only want to do that as a last resort.

I've also been having this problem. And just today, when I got it back on after I pulled the battery, all my contacts were gone! I've been storing some of them on my phone itself because I didn't want to add them to my google email account, grrr :mad: The backup assistant is no help whatsoever, they're gone from there too.
I want to like this phone, but this does not make it easy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones