1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Random Shutdowns and LauncherPro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jack45, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I've been very careful not to point a finger at a particular app as a cause of random shutdowns (other than aggressive user settings within SetCPU). Before I continue, let me say that I believe there is more than one culprit responsible for shutdowns and that most are caused by non-app related issues.

I've had my third device for 2-1/2 months. No shutdowns whatsover...until I installed LauncherPro last week. Then they started. I removed LauncherPro and - back to normal. I hereby declare an official suspicion that LauncherPro is one of the causes of random shutdowns. Before you react, I understand that many use LauncherPro with no problems. Great. I'm not saying that the app itself is poorly coded, but rather that it may begin a chain reaction in some devices that causes random shutdowns. I have not taken this declaration lightly. I waited a long time before openly stating my theory. I hope it proves of interest.

Another thread titled " Random shutdown doesn't happen with TouchWiz" authored by android4rumuser served is the impetus for this thread.

Advertisement

2. maxnicks

maxnicks Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Yeah, I had a bunch of issues with Launcher Pro Plus on my Droid 1. I had issues running 2.1, 2.2 and CM6.0. I liked it enough that I bought it. I ran it for 7 or 8 months. Finally, I just said bag it and went back to the ADW launcher. I miss many features of the Launcher Pro Plus, but I don't miss the numerous FCs, Freezes, etc. I know most people have no problems with it on their phone. I truly wish I had no problems with it on my Phone. It's an excellent app. I'll install it again when I upgrade and hopefully my phone and LPP will get along.