• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
L

Liovia

Hi,

I'm getting more and more creeped out by this and I'm hoping someone here can help!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
I have received two random texts from two random individuals. The first text I got was a few days before Christmas and popped up as "Secret" and the message "hihi" at the top of my phones screen, like you would with any normal text. Thing is, this text disappeared within one second of showing up and is nowhere to be seen in my inbox!?

Today I received another text in a similar fashion but titled "thalia071" (or something similar) and the message "hi". Disappeared immediately and is not in my inbox.

I've used several security apps (Lookout, CM etc.) and they've all found nothing...
Genuinely at a loss here and terrified that I've been hacked or I'm being spied on. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones