• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

@MoodyBlues what is the difference between a Peacock and a Peafowl, don't really know much about them ?
The correct term for all of them is peafowl. Then we have peacocks (males) and peahens (female), plus pea-chicks (babies). But most everyone simply uses the word 'peacock' for the whole slew of them. Just think if NBC called itself 'the peafowl network.' Not quite the same ring!

Upvote 0
Apparently "sated" is a word.

Screenshot_20200110_201459.jpg

Upvote 0
Why do I work so much?
I don't know--but cherish every second of it. You never know when your working days may come screeching to a halt, like mine did. I long for those hectic, stress-filled, workaholic days--as I suspect you would if they suddenly stopped. :)

Upvote 0
Does Sven at Qufu East Railway Station not like sweeping up cigarette butts?

View attachment 146780
I always get a kick out of your funny Chinese-mangled-English pics, as I do this one, but WTF?! :eek: How does a sign even leave the print shop with gaping holes in words where letters belong? Proofreading be damned!

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
So just went into town today, I was writing before I headed to get my hair down, always keeping in mind of the timer per spaces in between pages, like I always do subconsciously, now added into the good will run we where there, I ask my mother "do you need help?"

I did not hear her at all due because my ear keeps closing down, due to hearing lost when swimming, my brain cannot help it at all, so I have these hearing aids, but kept bothering with it today, but I did not hear the door slamming against the purchases.. So she labled me "buthole" honestly again I have no idea on why she did that, and not asked for their assisstance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones