• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

So I watched toy story 4 . Okay so I watched the movie, I liked it and didn't like it. First off I thought toy story #3 did a wonderful job of wrapping everything up. It ends with Andy going off to school and the toys finding a new home. I believe that it show kids growing up and letting go of childhood while scary would be okay.
However there were some lose ends, for example what happened to Bo Beep and her sheep? Between films two and three Bopeep, her sheep and the R.C car all vanish.
Toy story 4 revealed what happened to peep and her sheep. While toy story 3 had a nice ending, (spolier alert stop reading if you haven't already seen the movie) story 4 didn't, at the end the evil purple bear from the 3rd movie returned and pushes Woody and peep into a trash compactor, there is no rescue:oops::(
Only joking, seriously it's a kid movie after the whole incinerator scene in #3 I think Disney , Pixar is going to steer clear of shocking scenes.
Okay what I didn't like was it left it open for a toy story#5 and possibly #6. The race car is missing, Woody is now off with peep and a new group, but there were characters missing won't say who.
The next thing will be the toy story prequels:rolleyes:o_O

Upvote 0
Last night, I was reading my mail. I had just opened this one, from one of the homeless shelters I support, and was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, happy that my little donation was being put to good use:

shelter_donation_mine_030220.jpg

My phone alerted. I glanced down and saw a notification from KABC--and the first thing that jumped off the screen was "Alex Trebek." OH NO!, I thought.... :eek:

[If you're not aware of this, he's battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer--one of the deadliest diagnoses a person can receive.]

So I pressed it...and saw this:

shelter_donation_AlexTrebek_030220.png

Ha ha ha ha ha! :D Totally put me in my place! :D

Upvote 0
Last night, I was reading my mail. I had just opened this one, from one of the homeless shelters I support, and was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, happy that my little donation was being put to good use:

View attachment 148330

My phone alerted. I glanced down and saw a notification from KABC--and the first thing that jumped off the screen was "Alex Trebek." OH NO!, I thought.... :eek:

[If you're not aware of this, he's battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer--one of the deadliest diagnoses a person can receive.]

So I pressed it...and saw this:

View attachment 148331

Ha ha ha ha ha! :D Totally put me in my place! :D

Players please forum your answer in a question:

Moody blues : "What is love?"

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
That was VERY generous of him.
Indeed, especially since...no, probably because, he's dealing with a life-threatening illness. I applaud him for thinking about others as he's fighting for his own health and life.

Given that Trebek is nearing 80, I had anticipated the day when he'd leave Jeopardy!--but as a loyal viewer, I didn't like that reality. Now, with his illness...I'm dreading that day which will likely come sooner than it should have. :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just wanted to share an inspiring quote...
“Change your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly.” —Tony Robbins
There's a thread for that! :D

Hop on over there to see some really inspiring and clever posts. And join in!

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones