• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Scenery:

b4d97b7709272d903bccffbd31c94eb1.jpg

Upvote 0
Legendary baseball announcer Joe Garagiola Sr. dies at age 90

Joe Garagiola's nine-year baseball career was a modest one. His 57 years in broadcasting that followed made him one of the most popular figures in the sports world and beyond.

The man Arizona Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall called "one of the biggest personalities this game has ever seen" died Wednesday. He was 90.​

...I remember, almost ten years ago, winding up two seats over from him at BankOne Ballpark, now called Chase Field.

Reactions: kct1975 and olbriar
Upvote 0
Legendary baseball announcer Joe Garagiola Sr. dies at age 90

Joe Garagiola's nine-year baseball career was a modest one. His 57 years in broadcasting that followed made him one of the most popular figures in the sports world and beyond.

The man Arizona Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall called "one of the biggest personalities this game has ever seen" died Wednesday. He was 90.​

...I remember, almost ten years ago, winding up two seats over from him at BankOne Ballpark, now called Chase Field.

He and Yogi Berra were friends; both came from "the Hill" in St. Louis at about the same time. Even in death they were close. Yogi died last year.

Upvote 0
Language is getting so weird. People use acronyms in a lot of their writing (on forums, in texts, on Facebook, etc) to avoid saying actual words (gf, wtg, GOAT, icwudt, & the list goes on & on).

So you might think it's too hard or takes too long to type all the letters to say what you mean. But then along comes silly stuff like this:
36564049b4f69edac0ee363ffce98ef4.jpg

Reactions: whitehat
Upvote 0
So[emoji6]I leave for Hilton head one week from today! Can't wait!! It was a mix up of vacation planning due to lacrosse team trips being schedualed and then cancelled ( that's why I booked Febuary triip thinking no spring break just stupid Lax tournimants in Florida
But as luck would have it.. It was cancelled and .. Short story long
I'll be in Hilton head for a week :) on the ocean

Upvote 0
Also on s side note.. I helped take down a wanna be dog fighting ring yesterday!! Ughhh people make me sick:/ but still I'm kind of a little proud of myself ... :) hubby on the other hand wants me to be careful
But he's proud deep down
Plus I'm not scared of no one anyhow!! I think that's why he is!:)

Upvote 0
Heard about what happened in Brussels, Belgium today? 26 Souls are lost in bombings in the airport and in metrostations. Innocent people, on their way to work and school. On their way to board a plane.
That happened just over a 100 miles from my home. It frightens me. The fanatic, frantic fear from others even more.
Omgosh! kaat!! Please stay safe:/

Upvote 0
Definition of a bad day...

It happens to all of us: You check an address on Google Maps, and arrive at the place only to realize you're five city blocks away from the actual location.

But when you're a part of the demolition team sent to tear down a tornado-damaged house, you should definitely doublecheck the address before swinging that wrecking ball.​

Upvote 0
Definition of a bad day...

It happens to all of us: You check an address on Google Maps, and arrive at the place only to realize you're five city blocks away from the actual location.

But when you're a part of the demolition team sent to tear down a tornado-damaged house, you should definitely doublecheck the address before swinging that wrecking ball.​

Which is why I prefer to download turn by turn instructions online and PRINT them. I can refer is a minute without having to turn down my old rock instrumentals (all ripped on a usb stick) I can memorize a line of text faster and keep my eyes on the road.

I tried a Garmin once, and all I heard was "recalculating" with a sound like a burp. I drive by the sun and the seat of my pants. The Acura even has a compass built into the rearview mirror. Cell phones have them - I can find Polaris at any time with an astronomy program. That will give me north.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
Also on s side note.. I helped take down a wanna be dog fighting ring yesterday!! Ughhh people make me sick:/ but still I'm kind of a little proud of myself ... :) hubby on the other hand wants me to be careful
But he's proud deep down
Plus I'm not scared of no one anyhow!! I think that's why he is!:)
If like to hear some more details about this, it sounds like an interesting story. (If you can find time between all of your vacations, that is) ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones