• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

I don't know what the Patriots didn't see in this draft, because their entire strategy seems to be "don't touch it with a ten foot pole." At least we have already got 3 young starters with the picks we have traded away, and some future picks possible with Malcolm Butler and Jimmy Garoppolo trades still possible.
At least the Pats aren't desperate for talent. The Chiefs on the other hand are lacking in every category.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
cinco_de_cuatro.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that our Chiefs aren't known for their cleverness. They traded away our future so they could get what most considered a 4th round pick in the first round. Those guys are paid the big bucks to secure talent for the team. I hope they know something that I don't know.

It has been brought to light that not only the Chiefs were hot for Mahomes. Reports have come to light that a handful of teams were trying to get into the top 10 to take either Mahomes or Watson (as was reported on draft day) and those teams are no longer nameless both the Texans (who preferred Mahomes) and the Saints, can't remember the other one or 2 that were making calls like mad during the first round. Plus I don't agree that we are "lacking across the board", I think we could've used another corner and another line backer that were day one ready to start, but I am no expert. Personally if Andy Reid and John Dorsey were excited enough over this guy to make the move, I am 100% on board until I am given substantial reason to think otherwise.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
It has been brought to light that not only the Chiefs were hot for Mahomes. Reports have come to light that a handful of teams were trying to get into the top 10 to take either Mahomes or Watson (as was reported on draft day) and those teams are no longer nameless both the Texans (who preferred Mahomes) and the Saints, can't remember the other one or 2 that were making calls like mad during the first round. Plus I don't agree that we are "lacking across the board", I think we could've used another corner and another line backer that were day one ready to start, but I am no expert. Personally if Andy Reid and John Dorsey were excited enough over this guy to make the move, I am 100% on board until I am given substantial reason to think otherwise.
I think I heard he was the Browns first choice to take @ #12 too.

Upvote 0
I think I heard he was the Browns first choice to take @ #12 too.

Yea I think you're right, the other one was the Bills (yes the team we traded with for the 10th pick) heard a story the owner of the Bills wanted Mahomes and after the draft their GM was informed his services were no longer required. (The assumption is that since he took the trade deal the owner wanted him gone.)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
I have heard nothing but good stuff about Mahomes. It's a great time for the Chiefs to be grooming a new arm. It wasn't as bad a draft decision as it seemed at first.... or at least to me. I hope he is every bit the quarterback we need and he's so good that we name a new stadium after him. Been many years since we drafted a first round QB. It has to be better than last time.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
So, I was in a Target yesterday--wife had to buy some toys for a nephew's birthday-- and we ended up looking for shoes (imagine that). I found it interesting that they had something like ten rows of women's footwear and the men's section was exactly nine pairs of shoes.

Sounds about right. Practically the only time I acquire a new item of clothing is when someone buys me it for Christmas or birthday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones