• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Upvote 0
do these work with the S8? not really sure about it and i dont wanna mess up the phone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPGREENER-...991860&hash=item3adb23d384:g:JgcAAOSw53NZARe-

I'd be suspicious about that, cheapo from Ebay. Very likely ships from Hong Kong or Shenzhen.

From the description:
Works best with iPhones, Androids, Mac Laptops, and many more USB Powered devices

I know Mac laptops, i.e. Macbooks, are not USB powered. A phone should be OK though, provided it's safe and doesn't explode or electrocute you.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Assuming that you plug your cable into the USB port and not jam it into the 110v receptacle, it should work just fine. ;) My wife charges her S7 with one every day as well as a Samsung Tab and her iPod. They are very convenient. :)

what kind does she use though? Id be purchasing one for the kitchen just to test it out but dont wanna mess anything up lol
and with the note 8 coming my way not sure if this would work on it too! glad theyre working for you guys though! :)

Upvote 0
I'd be suspicious about that, cheapo from Ebay. Very likely ships from Hong Kong or Shenzhen.

From the description:
Works best with iPhones, Androids, Mac Laptops, and many more USB Powered devices

I know Mac laptops, i.e. Macbooks, are not USB powered. A phone should be OK though, provided it's safe and doesn't explode or electrocute you.

no clue that macs didnt use USB haha it says shipped from california though?

Idk ill do some more research i guess

Upvote 0
hows this one working for you? home depot is literally like 10 minutes from my house aha
Working great. :D

20170628_110141.jpg

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
190miles, plus or minus.

Replacing an outlet is pretty straightforward: cut the power to the outlet, remove the faceplate, undo two screws to pull out the outlet, unscrew the wires, reverse the process to install the new one.
yeah saw a couple of youtube videos, seems pretty straight forward, wonder why it isnt a more common thing to do around the house

Upvote 0
Some people think a book will stop a bullet fired at point blank range. Some people also don't have many functioning brain cells. :rolleyes:
That's really sad but pretty stupid too. I do feel bad for the guy but honestly, how can you say 'OK, let's do this' and not think you're probably going to die? Ugh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones