• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random vibrating and force closes after 2.2

Robodr0id

Feb 14, 2011
I updated to 2.2 last night, and my phone was unusable. It wouldn't connect to the network, it would randomly vibe and FC, and stuff just wouldn't open. I did the "fix froyo" trick (resetting to factory), and as I was reinstalling my apps I started getting random vibrating and FCs again. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm thinking about re-rooting and getting a custom ROM but I can't find any that are just the default Samsung GUI and 3.0.

Thanks !

Edit: now I can't even open the market. It force closes after a few seconds of trying to load.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I am having the same problem. I go to the market (both through LauncherPro and Go Launcher EX) and get this fast 3 vibration thing and then the market force closes with a warning screen popping up saying: "Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Trying again produces the same result.

I am rooted with Evil Fascination if that helps.

Firmware 2.2.1
Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.ED01
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build number SCH-I1500.ED01

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones