1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random vibrating and force closes after 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Robodr0id, May 22, 2011.

1. Robodr0id

Robodr0id Newbie

I updated to 2.2 last night, and my phone was unusable. It wouldn't connect to the network, it would randomly vibe and FC, and stuff just wouldn't open. I did the "fix froyo" trick (resetting to factory), and as I was reinstalling my apps I started getting random vibrating and FCs again. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm thinking about re-rooting and getting a custom ROM but I can't find any that are just the default Samsung GUI and 3.0.

Thanks !

Edit: now I can't even open the market. It force closes after a few seconds of trying to load.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kwhite

kwhite Newbie

Im having the same problem and havent figured anything out. My hubby has his phone rooted and hasnt had any problems. Id love to do it to mine too but if something happens to the phones we cant afford to replace 2!

3. Robodr0id

Robodr0id Newbie

Good to see someone else has this problem (I guess). I also noticed that some apps will open fine, and Movies just gives a FC.

4. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Android Enthusiast

5. vizualeyesit

vizualeyesit Newbie

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I am having the same problem. I go to the market (both through LauncherPro and Go Launcher EX) and get this fast 3 vibration thing and then the market force closes with a warning screen popping up saying: "Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Trying again produces the same result.

I am rooted with Evil Fascination if that helps.

Firmware 2.2.1
    Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.ED01
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
    Build number SCH-I1500.ED01

Thanks!

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews