1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Random Vibrations....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dp2485, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dp2485

dp2485 Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    I recently switched out my Vibrant due to MMS issues, after updating to Froyo and installation of my apps the new phone keeps randomly vibrating (1 quick vibration, short pause, then 2 quick vibrations)

The only thing I installed different from my previous phone was the Amazon Appstore and the Wi-Fi download of Plants vs Zombies yesterday.

Also, there is no error message or anything that comes up on the screen, just the vibrations whenever I turn the screen on from the sleep state.

Advertisement

2. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Texas
    That random vibration usually means that there are app updates available in Market. And the Amazon Marketplace will also buzz if there's an update for that.

3. dp2485

dp2485 Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    I'll have to check that out, is there a way to turn it off in both Amazon appstore and the android market?

I tried looking around the Amazon one to logout of my account but under the settings in there it just takes me to the webpage where I'm not even logged in

4. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    My experience is that this vibration pattern means an app has had an error and is closing. Generally if I start an application or select some app function, if it pauses for a couple seconds, many times I get that vibration pattern then the Force Close option dialog pops up.

I have been finding that happening with my bluetooth since I tried using the Firefox v5 beta. When I get in my car the bluetooth connects and then shuts off with that vibration pattern. If I have not used Firefox before, the bluetooth connection is fine.
    [edit] So I uninstalled Firefox.

5. dp2485

dp2485 Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    I still have not figured out exactly where what's causing them, they don't occur as frequently, but just when I think I've figured it out....hours later I'll get another one out of nowhere

Lets see...I've now shut off notifications from AppBrain, Android Market, vibration notifications from stock Messaging app & HandCent..thinks thats it

I'll post again if I figure out the exact problem, thanks guys

6. Djidea

Djidea Member
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    Orange County So. Cal
    Now my phone is doing the same thing. And I can't figure it out.