1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Randomly bricked phone? I hope not...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pRoSpA, Sep 23, 2011.

1. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    While i was at work today i noticed my phone time was wrong, so i try pushing buttons... its frozen. I took the battery out and rebooted it and it froze at the cyanogenmod screen (phone is/was running 2.3.5). So i went into recovery and tried to restore it to an earlier one. It said something like "phone memory full" or something very similar. i thought hmmmm.... permissions, so i done "fix permissions" and since then it'll only go to the first LG screen... cant get into recovery any more and i'm wondering if thats it... phone finished... cant seen to get it past LG logo or into recovery... Can anyone help me out with some advice?

Advertisement

2. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    this reply isnt a bump... this is a plea to anyone out there who knows how i can get past the LG logo screen or completely reset it somehow? Pleeeeeeeeeease lol im only just realising how much i use the phone... Kindle being a main thing i was halfway through a book on it and i also use the phone hooked up to my car stereo as a juke box in the car! aw man. :eek:

Ooooooooo! i got it into download mode!

3. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    Can you take out the sd card and copy to it with an adaptor in your pc? reflash recovery and see if that works. You may need to wipe your dalvik cache as well.

pRoSpA likes this.
  4. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    ill try that now

5. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    I've unzipped recovery.img directly onto the memory card im not sure if that's the right place but it's still getting stuck at the first LG logo. I can get it into download mode so i tried updating it using the KDZ updater... When i use the file out.kdz it gets to the point where the phone reboots and then this is the last few lines of info on the update log:
    Code (Text):
    1. 14:11:33 : Smart : wParam = 205, lParam = 205
    2. 14:11:35 : Smart : wParam = 205, lParam = 206
    3. 14:11:36 : Smart : wParam = 205, lParam = 207
    4. 14:18:17 : Smart : wParam = 100, lParam = 6
    5. 14:18:17 : Step : Upgrade Error error code = 6
    6. 14:18:17 : ResetStartInfo() Call
    7. 14:18:17 : _DetachDLL Call
    8. 14:18:17 : _DetachDLL Call End
    9. 14:18:17 : FreeLibrary Call
    10. 14:18:17 : FreeLibrary Call End
    11. 14:18:17 : ResetStartInfo() Call End
    12. 14:18:17 : ===FINISHED===
    13. 14:18:20 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll3GQCT_PDA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate
    Yesterday before it got stuck on the LG screen i tried to restore it to an earlier image through clockworkmod and it said the phone memory was full? or something like that anyway. Then i deleted all my music off the sd card (on my computer) and since then it hasnt gone back to recovery....

To add to that... The Updater goes kind of inactive for a while, while the phone reboots to the LG screen and then nothing happens for a few minutes before those last few lines, as you can see from the time line. I'm starting to think i'm going to need a new phone.... Gonna have to go a week with a phone that makes me cringe to use or even look at.

6. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    Ugh... Tried using the Europe open + Fastboot .kdz file and it got to iparam 215 rebooted and didnt even switch on... still wont... no more LG logo screen... no more power on... no more phone...

7. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    Take out the battery, sd card and your sim. Put it onto a charger or usb. Do you get anything? If yes it can be fixed.

8. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    No mate... Since the post before your last it won't even light up in any way when i plug the USB cable in via my computer. I can't belive it.... Randomly froze up while i was at work, i didnt stress about it because i've fixed it a few times before, usually just usiing clockworkmod recovery. But this time it went in stages. first: It froze Second:clockworkmod didnt work Third: only booted to LG screen but went into download mode Fourth: KDZ updater worked with various files (but not quite) up till the phone rebooted until it finally now, doesnt boot at all any more.

I appreciate your help Phantogenic :)

9. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    Unless there's a way that when the phone doesnt boot at all because of a softwae problem, that it can still be got around somehow...?