1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Randomly freezes up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pEktaS, Aug 3, 2010.

1. pEktaS

pEktaS Member

Anyone else running into the problem where their droid x will randomly get really bogged down and basically freezxe up? its driving me nuts i think handcent sms is paying a role cause it always seems to be going when it happens but it gets to the point where my phone does nothing so i have to take the battery out

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mysterygirl

mysterygirl Newbie

Not sure if it's the same problem, but the display on my X randomly becomes completely unresponsive. It happens a several times a day now. Locking and unlocking seems to clear it up. I've tried uninstalling apps and also did a hard reset. The problem persists, so I'm getting a replacement. Ordered at Verizon store last night with ship by date of 8/18.

3. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

If you think it's Handcent, remove it and see how it goes. Keep us posted.

4. pEktaS

pEktaS Member

im gonna give it a little while longer see if it keeps doing it, if it does ill take handcent off cause i had trouble with my og droid and handcent was part of that problem

5. vetvipe

vetvipe Member

I had the same type of problem however i think mine was more related to the fancy widget app running.

6. esn

esn Android Enthusiast

I had the same issue and I found keeping the X clean by using history eraser and not having a million texts in my phone elimated the problem. I didn't realize how much I used the internet and my cache file was to big.

7. redgtconv

redgtconv Member

Motorola recommends shutting down your phone at least once per day. They say this will keep your phone running most efficiently.Of course in your case there may be other factors, such as apis running or signal strength etc.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews