• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Randomly switching off

ntr1976

Lurker
Jun 9, 2010
Hi All,

I got my phone yesterday afternoon after a couple of weeks of research.

I put it on charge and went to bed after getting a call at around 22:30. I woke up this morning to find the device was off. It wouldn't power on, so I plugged it into the power just in case I was being daft and it'd powered down overnight. But the phone came to life and allowed me to turn it on. The battery was at around 90% full. Which i think means it turned off overnight.

I took it to work and charged it again, and again after a couple of hours turned itself off again. And again after another couple of hours, the last time i noticed that it was straight after i unplugged it from charging.

Again all the phone was charged and the battery seems ok, all together it's turned off 5 times in 16hrs. The battery compartment seems to be stable enough and isn't loose.

Luckily the shop has agreed to swap the handset no questions asked.

I've done some research but haven't found anything like this, has anyone else come across this???

Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones