1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

randomly turns off since update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by h2oplo9, May 29, 2011.

1. h2oplo9

h2oplo9 Lurker

Since 3.0.1 update my A500 has powered down on its own three times while in sleep mode - once while charging. Battery life seems shorter as well, especially in sleep mode. Anyone else notice this? Suggestions?

2. Matlock

Matlock Android Enthusiast

Any time I purchase a new device, and it has a factory reset option, I perform it and it usually solves most problems that others have with that particular device. I have not had some of the problems others have brought up in this forum. Still randomly turns on while screen is off though. But I think its either an app or some process activating itself in the background that is causing that particular problem.

3. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast

Mind does also not often but it still does. Also my battery seems better not worse.

4. jmuss77

jmuss77 Lurker

Mine does that too. I've done a factory reset and a hardware reset which acer staff has instructed me to do. That did not fix the issue

5. Mrhelper

Mrhelper Well-Known Member

Based on the details you have provided, it seems likely to be an app problem, possibly one that does not work well with ICS.

I suggest that you do the Factory data reset again.

When you boot up from that, don't log into Google. Just skip that for now.

Use only the built-in apps, and stay out of Google Play.

Don't insert any sdcards either.

Then run the tablet for at least 48 hours, or until it happens again, letting it sleep as you did when it failed.

If it happens with a clean factory image, then put the wifi in airplane mode, and test again.

If it happens again, then you probably have a hardware problem -- possibly a bad battery, bad power adapter, or even a failed component in the tablet.

If it does not happen, install your apps one at a time and test until you find the problem.