1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Randomly won't receive texts or really delayed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by japanesefrog, Dec 12, 2011.

1. japanesefrog

japanesefrog Newbie
    None

I switched from my Optimus M to the Esteem in November. I can't say it's the phone itself, but I've had a lot of problems with texts since I got the Esteem. Some days I won't get them at all and sometimes I'll get a bunch of delayed ones (as in 12 hours later). I remember it happening with the Optimus but nowhere near as much. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Can't tell if it's the phone or just the service.:thinking:

Advertisement

marleynyc likes this.
  2. marleynyc

marleynyc Newbie
    None

May 6, 2010
    Good to know its not just me!! I'm having the same issues as well. I'll get like 10 texts all at once around 3 hours after I get off work. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that my phone is on airplane mode while I'm at work from 9-5???

This is annoyng, because somene will ask me a question and it'll be too late when I get the text.

3. japanesefrog

japanesefrog Newbie
    None

Well I never have it on airplane mode unless I hit it by accident or try to refresh my signal to pick up 4g which isn't often. I get the same thing where in the middle of the night I'll get about 10 texts all at once and don't see them til the next morning. I also noticed when that happens I don't get ALL texts that were sent. I've had people say they texted me but when I get the delayed ones that person's text would still be missing.. floating around in the air somewhere. It's a real problem.

4. danyvw

danyvw Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    USA
    In Airplane mode the phone doesn't catch any signal and will never receive anything (no incoming calls, no texts, no email)

5. Eddy120876

Eddy120876 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Bronx,NY
    Had the same issue with my old indulge too. I guess this is a 4G issue on Metro or something along the lines :(

6. Strider0007

Strider0007 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Male
    LA/O.C.--Kali
    I have the same problem, I always seem to get a bunch of txts around 2am and I can tell they were from earlier in the day from when I sent some out and I thought they never replied till I got those late at night, sux. I'm really considering switching carrier since most offer no contract plans now days. Even if I get a contract it dont matter since I stay with the same company as long as everything is good. For $10 a month more I can get rid of all these problems(I spend more on beer anyway).:mad:

7. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    To help people, currently student
    US
    Yup. I don't think that is the phone issue but metro service. Try doing factory reset...

8. travioso

travioso Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Ocala, FL
    I agree its metro.. Have had 1 dumb phone and 2 Androids and always randomly have this issue too.. Its worse with some people then others.. Depending on their carrier i'm guessing.. Hopefully metro irons it out soon..

9. Gomez025

Gomez025 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Former authorized dealer for MetroPCS
    Van Nuys, CA
    My phone recently had an issue where my texts wouldn't come through for almost a day since tuesday night and I reprogrammed yesterday when I realized my it was the phone. I never had text issues at all since I got it on October so I wasn't that worried. It was instantly fixed after I reprogrammed and my 4G service even improved at my school where I didn't have service :)

10. kmarchy

kmarchy Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    Jacksonville FL
    I'm glad I'm not the only one too!! I've had the phone since late last year, maybe November? I didn't start having this problem until mid-january of this year. I'm going to try the reset and see what happens:)

11. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    To help people, currently student
    US
    Remember airplane mode will disable metro service and data network altogether. So you wont receive any call, text , mms , email , or anything .

12. kmarchy

kmarchy Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    Jacksonville FL
    Yeah, I checked and i'm not in Airplane mode and it's happening more frequently, like multiple times in one week or every week. I'm not real sure how to do the reset or reprogram, don't want to break or lose anything. I might just take it up to one of the stores here and see if they can help? It happened again today. I have to turn my phone off, take out my battery, put it back in, then turn my phone on and everything works fine. Sometimes I receive the old texts...sometimes I don't. I've had Metro PCS for at least a year now, but only had the 3g on my other phone, never had these problems. Guess a smart phone can't be perfect...I still love it though! Just need to get this fixed.

13. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast
    None

May 6, 2011
    Male
    Im hacing this issue as welll...i hope theres some kinda fix down the line..

Tags: