• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RANT] some jag won my ebay auction and isn't paying

kaisies

May 18, 2010
sold my instinct... but the username was completely new. Leery, of course, but I send the invoice anyway with a confirm address request... No nothing back, so then yesterday (2 days after auction end) I send a reminder... still nothing back. Now I look at the dudes profile and he has positive feedback from buying another phone :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The worst part is, is that people can go around pulling this crap on ebay and get no repercussions. Even if they close the account he just opens a new one :mad:

oh.. and the phone he bought.. A RANT!

/rant off.

So, who loves their EVO :D gunna go baby mine a bit and feel better!

Well, a week or so ago I sold a Samsung Moment on eBay and it was a "0" Feedback account from dating back in November of 2008.

After keeping a close eye on other Samsung Moments, I have come to the conclusion these accounts are "fake" or "hacked" accounts. Each account would bid $5.00 increments and the accounts haven't been active for years, most with 0 feedbacks, others with 1 or 2 feedbacks from many many years ago. (Watching my auction bidders, and comparing similarities with other auctions)

Anyways, yeah, the winner of my auction indeed was a false account ... didn't pay .. so I had to relist the phone, go through eBay (Wait 4 days, make a claim, after another 4 days, get your fee costs back) and then sold the phone again, this time to a legit buyer, but for $30 less.

Yes, different situation from you but still .. mind blowing why people would take over accounts to just mess with eBay auctions, and why some people win auctions and simply don't pay.

And what I hate even more is how eBay has removed the ability to leave buyers negative feedback!! The hacked account that won my auction should've been left negative feedback stating it is a non-paying, false account for future sellers to know to not send invoice after invoice and wonder why he isn't paying. What a terrible move on eBay's part!

Upvote 0
I had an issue w/ a buyer not paying after winning my cracked iphone for $200...

I sent a reminder the next day, waited a week then sent him an email, waited a couple more days then told him I would have to leave negative feedback if he didnt reply or pay within 24 hours... Nothing. I opened up a claim against him and he paid that same day...

Waiting for his e-check to paypal to clear then shipping it out. He had positive feedback and had a history of buying several iphones per day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones