• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

It doesn't really make me mad, but just disappointed. None of the internet communities I used to go to are really any fun anymore. They're all bitter, hostile, and troll-infested with bandwagoners everywhere. Nobody really has a voice anymore, there's only one right opinion. There's nothing to really discuss anymore, because there's nothing you can discuss anymore without that one person showing up and ruining it for everyone.

I come online to avoid the monotony of everyday real life, but it seems like lately it's been just as bad, if not worse. I guess I should just take a break for a while.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
It doesn't really make me mad, but just disappointed. None of the internet communities I used to go to are really any fun anymore. They're all bitter, hostile, and troll-infested with bandwagoners everywhere. Nobody really has a voice anymore, there's only one right opinion. There's nothing to really discuss anymore, because there's nothing you can discuss anymore without that one person showing up and ruining it for everyone.

I come online to avoid the monotony of everyday real life, but it seems like lately it's been just as bad, if not worse.

If you are experiencing that on these forums I am very surprised as this forum has been nothing but good to me. But don't take any notice of these people as they don't deserve the time of day.

Reactions: mysticspiral
Upvote 0
If you are experiencing that on these forums I am very surprised as this forum has been nothing but good to me. But don't take any notice of these people as they don't deserve the time of day.
Not this forum, mostly the gaming forums I used to go to. Almost every one of them has become insufferably stupid. There are a few less active boards that I go to that aren't so bad, though.

Upvote 0
I have to say this is the only forum were I am treated with respect and get call names just because people think my questions are stupid. I too have had bad experience with gaming forums the worst was with a FIFA forum and because of the abuse I no longer venture to the forums or play the game.

I agree with you though its getting increasingly hard to stay away from those sort of people. Hang in there. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Stinky, you had me at sweet and sour pork chops. :)

Srsly, that sounds so good...

We're BFFs. That's all there is to it.

Yankie-Doodle-Mon... you give humanity a bad name with your kind, sweet and wonderful compliments that you and your kind need to be exterminated and replaced by us angry disease ridden roaches instead!

Listen to this extremely wise cat and try and learn something for a change man! :D

funny-pictures-helpful-cat-suggests-you-neuter-your-human.jpg

Reactions: mysticspiral
Upvote 0

I come online to avoid the monotony of everyday real life, but it seems like lately it's been just as bad, if not worse. I guess I should just take a break for a while.

Hey I hear you Chex Renix buddy... yeah it can get pretty hectic at times doesn't it?

Wow I know what you mean and I wish I didn't some times...

I searched for a whole 28.5 seconds and got this photo just for you ;)

funny-animals-5.jpg

Try not to stress my friend... it is the people like you that really make the world go round...

;)

Upvote 0

I certainly hope this is not the case here. As my earlier post re: searching mentioned, the mods value courtesy a lot higher than product knowledge. And that is the way it should be.

Not this forum, mostly the gaming forums I used to go to. Almost every one of them has become insufferably stupid. There are a few less active boards that I go to that aren't so bad, though.

Ahh, those kids. Lol, yeah that's the issue with the kids - I was rather rambunctious myself when I was younger and tagging on at different BBSs around town, then around the world.
I finally realized, though, that I could easily be a jackass any time - but people tended to respect me more when I was not, even if I didn't have a clue as to what I was saying (well, everywhere except XDA, maybe lol)

I have to say this is the only forum were I am treated with respect and get call names just because people think my questions are stupid. I too have had bad experience with gaming forums the worst was with a FIFA forum and because of the abuse I no longer venture to the forums or play the game.

I agree with you though its getting increasingly hard to stay away from those sort of people. Hang in there. :thumbup:

Glad to hear it - the mods and green guys like myself go to great pains to try to keep that atmosphere exactly as it should be - fun, relaxing, entertaining, and knowledgeable. I, for one think all my fellow greenie beanies and the red heads do a fabulous job. Me, maybe not so much :p

Upvote 0
Pretty much every time I try to search using Chrome Omnibox, instant searching doesn't work. And then midway through typing the search again on the Google website, it tries to save some search tmp file, and i never spot it, so i end up saving that file as my search. I which means I have to retype my search AGAIN before Google searches it -_-

Upvote 0
People are too wrapped up in their own importance and opinions. I just read an answer to a post on another forum where the OP stated he was running XP home. The first response told him how to deal with the problem in XP PRO!

I got told on another forum I was stupid to buy something today - that I had bought 10 years ago! Why would I buy something I already owned? I said I already had it.

The responders were in too much of a hurry to pay attention to the whole original post.

You go to a photography forum, and some are worse than Android/Apple nonsense.
Of course you are bored. Who wants to read pages of words that mean nothing?

Upvote 0
Because I'm young and I'm in a wheelchair when I go out old people come up to me and say "your too young to be in a wheelchair" it's really starting to piss me off.
Really do you know who bad my osteoarthritis is or the other million health problems that I have and why I use this outside the house to get out and about.

The other smart ass one I get is "are you wheelchair bound" last time I checked my butt wasn't super glued to the decking cushion was it.

That's my peeved off for the week.

Reactions: Newbieoldguy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones