• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Everything grinds my gears. Damn kids, keep of my F-ing lawn or I'll beat you silly, darn you... shake hands; weak beer, dopers, diapers, rap music, broccoli, the lack of respect for your elders... me, in other words; Jap bikes, no more Vincents, the fake Indian motorcycles that are marketed as the real deal, forum moderators that wont let me cuss a blue streak, low octane gasoline. Fewer oil derricks on the landscape, manscaping, weak people, guys with purses, truly flowery gay men that even gay people think to be a tad too fluffy, no more broads and dames, just girls, blonds, loud noises, small screens, that the banjo has not yet been proclaimed America's instrument, crappy music, white kids that think they are black and act the part, camels and carmel, false teeth, pressed board rather than fine hardwood in my furniture, people with bad credit, most of my entourage, too few real men, far too many real fools, the NFL, Hockey, plastic dishware, McDonald's failure to keep the McRib a permanent part of their menu, no more trans-fats, no smoking signs, getting tickets for ignoring the no smoking signs, arrogent cops, speeding tickets, slow cars, tiny engines; like a 454 is so hard to build, god, it sucks; liberals. . . .

God, I am so depressed... EVERYTHING grinds my gears.
No really tell us how you really feel. Dont hold back. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Noooooooooooooo! No France for me; French people bug me with their attitude and superiority complex, even though they are often right, I wont listen. :p
Oh they think they are awesome. My aunt is married to one. They must be though. I mean what other country could be so successful yet have 25 hour week weeks, constant strike, and an age 60 retirement
And what's with that language? Speak English, I say. And for God's sakes, when did garden pests like snails become food for decent folk, anyway? Snails are not food. Forget snails and wine; a blood rare steak and cold ale is what you should be eating.
French is a lovely language. I think its way better than Irish or English. Sounds fierce sexy too.
Never had snail, but they cook food well
Everyone seems to go to France but nobody I know has ever been to Gibraltar. I do not like the pedestrian. I want one of a kind/unique/seldom seen/the road less traveled.

That is why I do not love modern Harley-Davidson Motorcycles as much as I once did. Too darn many of them. Now give me a Vincent, Scott Flying Squirrel, or Brough-Superior, and your talking. I am getting old and seen it all. I want something different.

I have always wanted to visit the Rock of Gibraltar. Seems nice and unique enough for my rather bent tastes.

Gibraltar is a day trip. When I was in Andalusia it seemed to be advertised as a VAT free place to shop.

Upvote 0
I saw your post and I couldn't agree more.

:D

Ever since I was little, I just knew that smoking was bad for you. I was a firm supporter of getting rid of cigarettes. I did make a positive contribution... I stopped my father from smoking. :) After years and years of wanting him to stop, he finally stopped because of me.

Last year my uncle died due to lung cancer because he was a heavy smoker before. He left behind a wife and two young children. He was also the youngest aunt or uncle in the family. It was devastating for the entire family and unfortunately, I couldn't go to the funeral. I did visit his grave though the day before father's day with his favorite fruit and flowers.

Reactions: ElasticNinja
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones