• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

ok what grinds my gear today I was at starbucks meeting up with a friend i have not seen for awhile. why do people when they get up to leave not clean up after themselves. it really is not that hard TO THROW YOUR TRASH AWAY!!!!! I mean starbaucks is not arestaurant where they have poeple to come in and clean everything up. is it really that hard to pick up a piece of paper and throw it away? or even clean up after your crumbs you made while eating that cookie!!!!!!!

ok i feel better......carry on:D:D:D:D:D
Really reasonable, why they cannot simply walk over to a trash can and just toss it over, no matter what though, too many people thinking the trash is the road itself, and would it please, kindly. Do look at your windows to the left and right, without knowing who might step from the open range?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Wow... it's been a long time...

Yes, it is LW, posting after a nearly two-year hiatus. I'm still in The Rockies, and though I've had some recent health setbacks, I'm hanging in there.

I've missed being here with all of you, and though there is much to rant about sociopolitically, I will refrain...

Okay. To jump back in, here's what really grinds my gears lately:

I now have to rely on long-term care home assistance, as a recent fall knocked me ten steps back with my mobility. My other half, Liz, is in Denver as a caregiver for her mother, who is dying of stage 4 cancer. I have a new power wheelchair that allows me to get out, and stop the pervasive cabin fever - but...

What really grinds my gears is my life, in general. My limitations have really put the kabash on my day-to-day existence, and with my other half being away three weeks a month, I'm lonely, scared and confused. I can't drive a car anymore, and this fractured vertebra nearly landed me into an adult care facility. I'm glad to be home, but I suffer from loneliness, and even sleep is elusive.

Ah. Frustration. That's what grinds my gears. That's my gentle rant. I'm glad to be back here at AF, at any rate. ✌️&

Upvote 0
Welcome back LW. I too found my way back here about a month or so ago. Sorry to hear about your health. Glad your here though.

Now what grind my gears today are people who park their shopping cart in the middle of the isle and leave it there blocking everyone. Or if they just stay in the middle so nobody can get through....... annoying!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Welcome back LW. I too found my way back here about a month or so ago. Sorry to hear about your health. Glad your here though.

Now what grind my gears today are people who park their shopping cart in the middle of the isle and leave it there blocking everyone. Or if they just stay in the middle so nobody can get through....... annoying!!!!!!!
Do what I do...If you can drag it far or move it to another aisle.....

Upvote 0
Wow... it's been a long time...

Yes, it is LW, posting after a nearly two-year hiatus. I'm still in The Rockies, and though I've had some recent health setbacks, I'm hanging in there.

I've missed being here with all of you, and though there is much to rant about sociopolitically, I will refrain...

Okay. To jump back in, here's what really grinds my gears lately:

I now have to rely on long-term care home assistance, as a recent fall knocked me ten steps back with my mobility. My other half, Liz, is in Denver as a caregiver for her mother, who is dying of stage 4 cancer. I have a new power wheelchair that allows me to get out, and stop the pervasive cabin fever - but...

What really grinds my gears is my life, in general. My limitations have really put the kabash on my day-to-day existence, and with my other half being away three weeks a month, I'm lonely, scared and confused. I can't drive a car anymore, and this fractured vertebra nearly landed me into an adult care facility. I'm glad to be home, but I suffer from loneliness, and even sleep is elusive.

Ah. Frustration. That's what grinds my gears. That's my gentle rant. I'm glad to be back here at AF, at any rate. ✌️&
I'm glad you're back! I came back not long ago myself, after a near-fatal illness and its recovery prevented even the smallest things for a couple years. I hope you check in regularly, because the camaraderie, banter and repartee among AF friends is good for the soul. :)

Let us know how you're doing. If you're having a rough day, don't keep it to yourself! You're among friends.

Upvote 0
Really reasonable, why they cannot simply walk over to a trash can and just toss it over, no matter what though, too many people thinking the trash is the road itself, and would it please, kindly. Do look at your windows to the left and right, without knowing who might step from the open range?

Thing with Starbucks, there shouldn't be much trash apart from the paper napkins that usually comes with coffee, or cake, or baguette, or whatever. And those I usually just leave on the plate, or by the cup. And are cleared by the staff when I leave.

Are people bringing their own food in or something, and leaving that stuff lying around when they leave? Which I'm sure isn't allowed.

Starbucks isn't like McDonald's or KFC, where basically everything is garbage. :D But even in those places the staff are usually pretty prompt at getting tables cleared and clean, ready for the next customer.

Upvote 0

Sorry to hear that. Feel free to drop in here anytime. We're always up for a discussion on just about anything really.

Upvote 0
Logging on and finding this...
MyScreen_2019-04-23-17-56-54.png

Upvote 0
ok another starbuck's rant. i was having coffee with another friend. a large group was using a bunch of chairs and a table. i understand.....that's fine......but when they get up and leave, they do not put the chairs back......WTF people!!!!!! is it really that hard to do??????? when the table opened up me and my friend had to put the chairs back only because it was kind of necessary in order for us to sit down.

is it me or is it our society getting lazier and lazier?

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Thing with Starbucks, there shouldn't be much trash apart from the paper napkins that usually comes with coffee, or cake, or baguette, or whatever. And those I usually just leave on the plate, or by the cup. And are cleared by the staff when I leave.

Are people bringing their own food in or something, and leaving that stuff lying around when they leave? Which I'm sure isn't allowed.

Starbucks isn't like McDonald's or KFC, where basically everything is garbage. :D But even in those places the staff are usually pretty prompt at getting tables cleared and clean, ready for the next customer.
yes they do clean up the floors and tables. but, it is not like a restaurant where the tables are cleaned first and then the guests can sit down. at starbuck's they do come out to clean, but only when it is slow and have the time and personnel to do it. i understand its only a few papers and such. but, please!!!!!! i mean they place the trash cans near the entrance so that you can throw your $hit away!!!!!! it is really not hard to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones