• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

I am going to rant on deer. I had to take evasive manuevers this morning to avoid hitting one on my way to work. A few years back I hit one on my way to work (Actually, it hit me, ran right into the side of my car). What is up with them? Are they mad at us that we killed off Bambi's mom all those years ago, and so are taking it out by systematically executing suicide attacks on our vehicles? I swear, every time I see them on the side of the road, they look up, and I can see their beady little eyes looking at me, and I just know they are thinking "Oh, I could mess your car up SOOO bad." Stupid deer.

Upvote 0
I am going to rant on deer. I had to take evasive manuevers this morning to avoid hitting one on my way to work. A few years back I hit one on my way to work (Actually, it hit me, ran right into the side of my car). What is up with them? Are they mad at us that we killed off Bambi's mom all those years ago, and so are taking it out by systematically executing suicide attacks on our vehicles? I swear, every time I see them on the side of the road, they look up, and I can see their beady little eyes looking at me, and I just know they are thinking "Oh, I could mess your car up SOOO bad." Stupid deer.

Hahahaha! Dude one Halloween night I had to go out to grab some dinner and it being Halloween, you'd think you would have children getting in your way right? So I was already going slow and watching out for kids, but instead a deer gets in my way!!! I was like wtf! lol

Upvote 0

And the stupid things walk up on my front steps and eat my Holly bushes when it snows:mad:. The dog loves that at 2:00 AM.

Upvote 0
Too many people hand feed the damn things. I had to fix bird feeders so the deer couldn't get the seed, now the heated birdbath is where they can't get it, either.

I was chasing them out of the yard one day, my son-in-law decided to help, and being a farm boy, son-in-law put on a move that would shift a Hereford bull. Deer didn't move and just stood there with a "where's my food look"

I'd love to have Asimov's Neuronic Whip.

Upvote 0
Dummy mobile phones, those useless non-functioning lumps of plastic and cardboard they have on display at mobile phone shops. Why do they do it? AFAICT the only exception are Apple iPhone dealers. Was in the Samsung shop, there was not a single real phone on display at all.

How am I supposed to know if a new phone is any good or not from basically what are cardboard cutouts?

I go to the supermarket, I don't see dummy produce.
I go to be electrical store, I don't see dummy TVs, laptops and stereos.
I go to the jeweller, I don't see dummy watches.
I go to the menswear store, I don't see dummy suits and shirts.
...yet in the mobile phone shops, they're all dummy products. :thinking:

I thought it might have been a theft thing, but they have like plastic replicas of $10(USD) Nokias, NOT the real thing. While Apple is happy to let people try out real iPhones freely and without restrictions. iPhones are probably the most expensive phones there are and most likely to get stolen.

This is not just in China, happens in the UK as well.

Upvote 0
ULT's. Unnecessarily Large Trucks, characterized by massively oversized tires and the need for a ladder to enter the vehicle. Typically driven fifteen miles over the posted limit. Used in town for grocery shopping.

LOL.. you'll probably appreciate this thread over at StyleForvm.
Saw a Butt Ugly SUV Today

Upvote 0
ULT's. Unnecessarily Large Trucks, characterized by massively oversized tires and the need for a ladder to enter the vehicle. Typically driven fifteen miles over the posted limit. Used in town for grocery shopping.

I mean really! Wtf. They always on one of the lines when u drive beside em and there always in the city? Why is your monster truck not in a swamp somewhere being useful

Upvote 0
hip hop music, techno/electronic music. Destroy it all!
You sir, are evil. :p

Well, since this is an Android forum, I'm going to just go into things about technology and probably make a few people angry. :p

1. People who say Windows is too hard to use and that Mac is simpler.
Oh my gosh. I have used Mac a lot. It is so hard to use. So many little things that make it annoying to operate. Ugh, I just hate it.

2. People who say PS3 is better than Xbox.
This doesn't bother me as much, as they are fairly close, but it still makes me want to argue.

3. People who say iOS is better than Android.
Kill me now. Android is faster, cleaner, doesn't crash NEARLY as much, more powerful, more customizable, and basically everything that the iPhone isn't. I'm not just being a FanDroid here, I also own an iPod Touch 4th Gen.

4. When my friends have no clue what I'm talking about when I'm talking about only the simplest things in technology.
Self-explanatory.

Upvote 0
True, and I have no issues with such vehicles when there is a valid use. My complaint is when these things are used exclusively in town, on smooth streets. A purpose built vehicle with two and a half feet of ground clearance that gets three gallons to the mile isn't needed to get to the video store.

What annoys me the most about those vehicles with an extra long bed and full size crew cab is parking in a space that barely holds my older Tacoma. (which is shorter than some older cars from the 60s)

Upvote 0
What annoys me the most about those vehicles with an extra long bed and full size crew cab is parking in a space that barely holds my older Tacoma. (which is shorter than some older cars from the 60s)

Tell me about it! My S-10 is long enough, I'm careful of where I park. Some of these D-bags leave their ULT's wherever they want!

Upvote 0
You wanna know what grinds my gears I wanted to give my little brother money for snacks but it turns out his elementary school got rid of everything thats sweet or has sugar WTF is that I grew up eating lots of sugar, ice cream, and greasy chips am I obese??? NO (I'm very fit actually) but no instead they decide to replace all that sugary goodness with old fruits and low fat milk what kind of society says you can't have that your too fat.... I think it's the individuals responsibility to chose what they want I'm mean seriously that grinds my gears.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones