1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Phases, Sep 11, 2008.

1. atljatl

atljatl Android Enthusiast

The same car's alarm going off at 2am in the parking lot....every morning

Seanette and melim like this.
  2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

Ugh! That bites! How about neighbors that compulsively run their vacuum daily? Bear in mind we live in a townhouse with thin walls...

melim likes this.
  3. atljatl

Same here... I hate that too. Noisy neighbors are horrible no matter where u r

melim likes this.
  4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Allergies and this damn weather...

brotherswing likes this.
  5. melim

melim Android Enthusiast

You've been very quiet living in a tent on the roof, then. Appreciate it... :five: (Only 2 floors here. The door-slammers and I are on the 2nd; crazy guy is below them, and thankfully the apt below me is vacant and will hopefully stay that way until I can get out of this hellhole.)

Down with all noisy neighbors, car alarms & allergies!

brotherswing and Yeahha like this.
  6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Ooh also having to add extra security to my gmail account because it somehow got compromised and sent out spam to my address book...probably my fault...but still fun to explain to people yeah...don't click that link...

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Especially because noone trusts that you are back in control of your account and assumes your explanation email is just another spam message.:rolleyes::mad:

8. brotherswing

That too...

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I actually had a guy from another state I have only talked to via twitter and email reply back to me with a solution...:eek:...he is a tech guy so he understood...if it isn't resolved the next step is more drastic so I hope not to go that far...explaining to my manager why I sent him spam was fun...:eek:

10. Im4Android

Im4Android Member

Not getting help in irc chat when I
    have a dumb question that needs
    an immediate answer.LOL:D

11. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

...I forget we have IRC chat...anytime I go in there I don't see anyone or much discussion going on...:eek:

12. Im4Android

Im4Android Member

yes but it doesn't werk. I have to
    use an alt method.:thinking:

13. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

IRC chat does work here...you should get two warnings when you enter it...press yes for the first and no for the second and you should be able to get into the chat.

14. Im4Android

Im4Android Member

nah it seems to be some java problem.:mad:

15. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

hmm...IDK I've had issues with it before...closed the explorer I had open and reopened it as long as I press the popups in the right order it will work otherwise it will give an error.

16. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I'd be sorely tempted to unload a shotgun into the offending car's battery. :)

Speaking of noisy cars, how about boom cars?

17. brotherswing

As in the boom-diddy-boom jalopies that you can hear from a half mile away? The ones with poorly installed stereos worth more than the car itself, yet absolutely no sound dampening in the trunk so that with each boom we're treated to the sound of the back window trying to rattle out of it's frame? I don't know... I think they provide a valuable service to society. They serve as a bad example. ;)

18. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Yep, those obnoxious things. Why is it that the people with the loudest stereos have the worst taste in music?

I'm quite convinced that between boom cars and iPods/MP3 players, hearing aids are going to be a growth industry.

19. higge

higge Newbie

I really hate people who calls me and ask if I'm speaking without telling me who they are...

I've started to ask them rude :screwy:

20. atljatl

My response is always : "please stop speaking and state your name"

21. Im4Android

Im4Android Member

I did exactly that and nada

22. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I won't tell someone ANYTHING until I know who I'm talking to. I've even hung up on people who played the "guess who this is" game (my uncle pulled that one when I was in high school. My mother answered the next call and chewed her brother out for childish games).

Remembering one time my DH's (now deceased) nutty uncle called asking for DH and ignoring or failing to hear three requests that he identify himself. He got hung up on (I had never talked to the man at the time, someone else had to figure out later who'd been calling), since there was NO way I was going to tell an unidentified unfamiliar male voice that my husband wasn't home!

23. atljatl

That's a little sexist, but who cares

24. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Reality is that a woman is going to feel a little more threatened by an unfamiliar man than an unknown woman. Men are usually bigger and stronger, and I'm shortish with lousy eyesight.

25. atljatl

Hehe. I'm just messin. Along those lines, I remember one thing that made me mad right before I hit puberty was when telemarketrrs would call our house and think I was a woman because my voice hadn't changed. :eek: