1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Phases, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

DH gets this occasionally, and he's now middle-aged. ;)

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

Peeps encouraging pirated software:thumbdown::mad:

ryancmatchett and brotherswing like this.
  3. atljatl

atljatl Android Enthusiast

+1 and it is so rampant. The 'meh' attitude from people is what I don't like too. Stealing irl is still frowned upon (to whatever extent people respect private property rights) and insulting people is too because you actually see the people in front of you. But just like dogging /flaming online is cool with many, so is pirating software from faceless strangers.

brotherswing likes this.
  4. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

As a reformed software pirate, I concur wholeheartedly. I never thought anything of piracy until I started to learn programming. I not only found it to be akin to torture, I suddenly had a new found respect for those who do it for a living. They deserve my money, what they do isn't easy, nor is it (to me) fun.

5. atljatl

Let me be clear: like u broswing, i used to steal anything I could. Music, movies, cracked versions of anything I needed and stuff I didn't need but maybe thought I might possibly need maybe sometime. So no judgement. Just saying.

6. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

No, I just assume that an unknown caller is a phisher, and there is no way I'm giving them any info.

7. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

That too. :)

8. Member243850

Member243850 Guest

Mindless noobs grinds me gears...

:D

ryancmatchett likes this.
  9. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Lousy parking in my neighborhood, especially when some idiots insist on parking so that one car is chopping up what could be two spaces.

NOLA_Droid likes this.
  10. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Secret dinner ambushes. When family asks you to meet them for dinner, I expect it to be *family* there, not family+their pals (their pals=strangers).

Makes me very uncomfortable. I spoke less than 10 words probably... >:[

11. atljatl

Seinfeld comedy moment (just too recent an event for you to appreciate right now :p )
    But really I hate that too. I can be very a-social in situations like that.

12. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Haha, like the dating loop hole episode... ;D

Yeah, I'm generally a bit anti-social. Maybe shy. I don't know what it is really. But I probably wouldn't have went had I known it wasn't just family. And of course, the subjects of conversation were not things I was really able to partake in. I did, however, notice that the clouds were pretty stunning.

13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

And lousy parking at school when I have to pick up my daughter and some genius takes up two spots with their medium size vehicle because they're too brain dead to realize there are other people who need to park.
    /rant

14. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Add the jerk whose given right to make a left turn blocks the one lane exit for 15 minutes.

2 or 3 right turns make a left!

15. gdasilva16

gdasilva16 Member

when my boy who works for AT&T rubs it in my face that he's going to some HTC event courtesy of AT&T and HTC and on top of that they are giving a HTC One for free. :mad:

ryancmatchett likes this.
  16. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

What a monster :D

17. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

I hate when people go 30 mph and up in front of my house. Im surprised more people don't get run over here because of the complete disregard for speed limits and stop signs. I have to wear a helmet just to walk my dog!

18. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

This is what you need: xkcd: Parking

19. BabyBlues

20. Im4Android

Im4Android Member

LOL if I could only have it when
    I really need it.:banghead: that or a
    chainsaw:D

21. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

I know a woman who had supported her drunk husband until he left her for another woman. The divorce judge said she had to give the bum half of everything. She decided that half is exactly what he would get. She took a chainsaw, and proceeded to cut everything in the house in half. Furniture, appliances, family keepsakes, and so on. She was in the garage working on the Corvette she bought him when the police arrived. I swear on my baby boys pacifier every word of that is true. :D

22. atljatl

I still have that Corvette and I've been sober for months now.

brotherswing likes this.
  23. sherri

sherri Android Expert

Who is she? Deserves a frigging medal!

24. BabyBlues

Yes, she does! Good for her